Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Need Bowtech Tomkat Expert >

Need Bowtech Tomkat Expert

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need Bowtech Tomkat Expert

Old 02-16-2011, 12:02 PM
Spike

Default Need Bowtech Tomkat Expert

Bought a Tomkat that was advertised as a 2005 60# with 28" draw and all the mods. Got it today and now don't know what I got. The numbers on the riser are D4700-0130, the draw mod on the bow has the letters (I 3) on it. I checked the draw weight and it measures 65# bottomed out and 2 1/2 turns out down to 60#. the extra mods are marked IF1 IF3 If5 IF6 IF7 IF9 and IF11 I checked the draw length and it is right at 30"
I checked as much as I could on the net and am a little confused. Went to Bowtech web site and the owners manual list A to A at 32 1/2" but on their same site list A to A as 31". This one is set up at 31 7/16. any guidance would be appreciated. If it is a matter of just finding the right module and adjusting A to A them I am game. If it is more I will probably ask i=him to take it back. Your thoughts please!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not an expert, I'm a novice, even though I have bow hunted for many years. I love my Tomkat and have hunted with it for the last 4 years. I think you need to slow down and take a deep breath. Then head down to your local shop and see what they say. I know my Tomkat is fast, accurate and makes no noise at all. Good luck!!

Last edited by Colorado Luckydog; 02-16-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 04:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try this:

http://www.bowtecharchery.com/#/manualDisplay?r=-1&i=0
Old 02-17-2011, 05:08 AM
Spike

Thanks for the replies gents, got it covered!!! These forums are the cats meow!!!