Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
price for new string? >

price for new string?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

price for new string?

Old 01-27-2002, 07:35 PM

Default price for new string?

ok i gotta go get a new string put on but i have no idea what kind or what all to have them do, ive only owned my bow 2 years and have no idea when it comes to string replacement, I was thinking Gander Mountain or a local Pro Shop?
Old 01-27-2002, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: price for new string?

Shop around to get your best buy. I've seen strings in Gander Mountain for $9.00 and then other companies charging 4X that much. Depends on the material and quality of the string maker. www.bcyfibers.com has some comparisons that may help you decide. Personally I like BCY 450 Plus. It is up to you how much you want to spend. Anyway you go just make sure you take care of it with frequent waxing. I make my own so I have control over its quality. Guess I just don't trust others as much as me.
Old 01-28-2002, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

I would recomend going to the proshop unless you have had experience with installing a new string.Most shop owners can put your bow back in specs,it should be as good as if it was new.I would also recomend you change both the cable and string at the same time.As far as prices,it depends on what meterial and who makes them.I like the strings made by the Winners Choice company,but they are more expensive then other companys.Good luck.
Old 01-28-2002, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

FYI, Winners Choice strings go for $30.00 (65 inches and under) or $50.00 for over 65 inches. Two color... add $5.00. Three color add $ 13.00. They are good but expensive.