Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
big problem what is it? >

big problem what is it?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

big problem what is it?

Old 01-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Spike

Default big problem what is it?

after missing a gimme 12yard shot tonight i walked out into the yard and shot all 5 arrows from my quiver at the taget and they hit about everywhere on the taget.

the arrows seem to be nuckeling (sp) out of the bow no spin and it just planes sometimes high sometimes low, left, right all over

saturday i was shooting broadheads out to 50yards with no problems today same setup and its all over the place

what could be the problem? didn't get a chance to look at the bow tonight because i had work to do but plan on fixing it tomorrow but dont really know where to start looking...im guessing the rest?

arrows still spun test real good any suggestions on what the problem may be?

thanks
Old 01-12-2011, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

make sure everythings tight.
i made this mistake once...comical...i wasnt using the peep on the string. lol i know i know, but check the basics 1st.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:13 PM
Spike

Sometimes when I get lazy on my technique or when im wearing think sleeves (or both) my string hits my arm and i dont even realize it and my arrows shoot all over the place. Something to check.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:00 AM
Spike

First thing - check your bow over for mechanical problems. Too many things to list here since I don't know your setup. String problems seem to be a common culprit.

Also, it's too easy to have a lot of tension in your bow hand under stress conditions. Inconsistent hand tension can move your point of impact all over the place.

Let us know what you figure out.

Allen
Old 01-27-2011, 03:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

That is what I would do. Give the bow a good once over to make sure nothing is broken, loose, cracked, etc. Check strings, cables, cams, axles rest, sights.
Did your cable guard move and your fletching hitting the cables?
Probably something simple.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:03 PM
Typical Buck

The other weekend me and the wife were shooting in the backyard. Her first shot the arrow went way off at 20 yards, and there was this awful thwacking noise from the bow. I looked it over and nothing wrong, handed it back over to her and again the same thing, I stood there confused, 3rd arrow she nocks and there it is.

She was putting her arrows on the bow wrong and hitting the rest on release. Sometimes you just need to take a minute and go over your gear take a look at what your doing. Sometimes its just 2nd nature and you don't realize something.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

One more thought. Are you using a bow quiver? Was it on the bow when you were shoot good earlier? The weight of the quiver and the arrows could be the culprit by adding torque to the bow. That along with your form.