Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Question about 1/2 draw Dry Fire >

Question about 1/2 draw Dry Fire

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Question about 1/2 draw Dry Fire

Old 10-17-2010, 12:37 PM
Spike

Default Question about 1/2 draw Dry Fire

OK, well let me start by saying I know we are not supposed to dry fire a bow, Well Here is what Happened.

OK, I was adjusting my Release, It had a far travel before it released,
so as I was tuning my release, I was just about down when I was drawing my bow for one last time, I was in half draw then bam, The release let of early (did not have finger on release) The strings are fine and did not jump the cams, Everything seems fine, but I know that you cant always tell, so I went ahead and re-adjusted the release, I drew the bow again and everything was fine, but what should I do know before I nock a arrow?
Old 10-17-2010, 03:38 PM
Spike

Check strings again . You could take cotton balls and rub them down limb and make sure nothing catches or snags . Make sure your peep is still in the right place . And for now on alwayz nock a arrow . And check your limb pockets make sure nothing is cracked .
Old 10-17-2010, 05:20 PM
Spike

Thanks, monday Im taking it to arrow head archery in tampa so they can take a look at it..
Old 10-18-2010, 07:15 PM
Spike

Took it to Arrow Head archery and they checked everything out for me, they said my Bow is good. nothing wrong and shooting great. What a relief.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:25 AM
Typical Buck

My father-in-law bought a used bow several years ago. He was showing it to me and I was amazed at how much it let off compared to my bow. It let off so much, that as I was easing it back down, the string flew out of my fingers. I about crapped brick as I just knew I broke his bow. I guess the letoff was so much, that I wasn't holding the strings as hard as I needed to.

Well the next time I saw him, he told me he had done the same thing. Then he gave me the bow and I have used it for several years now with no problems.

I never draw a bow without the release now.