Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
have you noticed this. >

have you noticed this.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

have you noticed this.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default have you noticed this.

The other day i was shooting my bow with one of my shootin buddies. while we was in the process of testing stuff out, lookin at stuff, and shooting thru the paper i noticed the bottom cam on my pse bow was leaning slightly out(bottom of cam was leaning to the left side of the bow). I asked him about it and he said it was nothing, that most all pse bows do that. Im pretty sure he knows what hes talking about because he is a pse guy and he can tell you everthing about bows since he shoots competition all the time. so i went up to my local bow shop and was lookin at all the pse bows they had and every single one of them bows did that. has anyone noticed that? they are the only bows that do that! is that just how they are designed to shoot that way? because normally if one of my cams was leaning i would think there would be something wrong with the bow. what do yall think about this?
Old 09-23-2010, 11:35 PM
Typical Buck

Well actually the aren't the only bows that exibit that trait. Most all bows do but some to a lesser degree than others. I'm a dealer for several companys and it varies even from model to model of the same brand. Most are extremely slight but do lean. Lay a straight edege down the cams on nearly any bow out there and you will be suprised.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:48 AM
Spike

Sheew , I saw this post and went to check my Bowmadness and my AXE 6 and niether one leans . Now on my bowmadness the string is ever so slightly off center of the idle wheel but not enuff to adress it . But what you are saying is the cam its self is leaning ? Does the string run straight down the groves of the cam ?
Old 09-24-2010, 09:53 PM
Fork Horn

yea the cam is leaning, and the string runs straight down the groove of the cam where its sposed to be. And i got an axe 7. but i looked at all the axe 6's to at the bow shop and all of them did that to. If i hold my bow like im gonna shoot it and i look at the bottom cam it leans to the left from the bottom. I asked him the other day about it and he said there were a few mathews bows that did that, but that it was more common with split limbs.