Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Need opinions..PLEASE RESPOND >

Need opinions..PLEASE RESPOND

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Need opinions..PLEASE RESPOND

Old 01-26-2002, 08:26 PM
eXe

Default Need opinions..PLEASE RESPOND

All of you Deerhunters that use a portable climbing treestand. What do you like/dislike about them, and what would you change if you could?

Thanks
Old 01-26-2002, 10:37 PM

Default RE: Need opinions..PLEASE RESPOND

i've got an ole man grand vision. It is so comfortable that i can stay all day. I always use it as a bow stand. I realy like the foot rest. Its heavy. 22 lbs. i need to buy or make some more comfortable sholder straps. Also I dont climb skinny trees cause what ever size the tree is, is the size of the back. it fits to the tree with cable. hope this helps.
Old 01-26-2002, 10:40 PM

well im buyin a new cobra this year. i didnt like screwing in 10 steps and then hauling my fixed up the tree. buy the time i did all that i was sweating and we all know sweat stinks. i also didnt like the last step onto the stand itself i could see the potential for a fall before you even get your safty hooked up. and im a roofer for a living so if i think its unsafe then most people will freak out.though i was going up 25 feet
Old 01-27-2002, 06:35 AM

I like the climbers because you don't have to carry around and set up any kind of steps. Also, you don't have to hang the stand way up there while you are hanging yourself. Climbers set up on the ground, and that is it. Climbers also, are USUALLY more comfortable. The one thing I do like about hang on stands, is in the morning, you don't have to fool with the sit down, stand up method. All you have to do is climb the steps, which is much quieter and faster. That's just my thoughts.
Old 01-27-2002, 04:09 PM

I use boyh climbers and fixed portables I like the climbers when I'm only going be there for the day. If I'm hunting on private property I'll take a couple of portables and hang them before season so I can just climb in and hunt.
Old 01-28-2002, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

i have the summit xls--i like everything about it!
Old 01-28-2002, 10:00 AM

I have the "Strongbuilt" climber. I like it very much. You couldn't ask for a more stable platform. The only drawback is the weight. It's pretty heavy for carrying a long distance, but you can't beat the price. I believe it goes for somewhere around $100. Be safe. Always wear your harness while climbing into and out of your stand.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown
Old 01-28-2002, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went through a couple of climber stands till I found one that I like most. I now use a loggy bayou climber and probably will buy another when this one wears out. I like it that much. It only weighs 12lbs and if you can hug the tree to climb, you only have one peice to carry. This is especially nice becouse it makes less noise then if you have two peices. They also have a couple of bolt on options like a footrest and backrest that are nice too.

Some people complain becouse its not as comfortable. I havent had any problems. I usually sit all day in mine since I have a limited amount of time to hunt and have to make the most of it.

Everyone likes something different so if it were me, I would buy a stand that meets what you really want in a stand.
Old 01-28-2002, 01:46 PM

I use an API Shooting Star and two things could be improved, the material they put on the chain and the weight. Of course most everyone will complain about the weight when it comes to a stand that could be set in most of the day with comfort.
Old 01-28-2002, 09:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Climbers are fine if you know where your going sometimes it's hard to find a good tree for your climber.When you do use your climbermake sure when you get up the tree you don't forget anything at the bottom and make sure your in good shape .

Quick Reply: Need opinions..PLEASE RESPOND

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.