Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Field points to broad heads >

Field points to broad heads

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Field points to broad heads

Old 09-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Spike

Default Field points to broad heads

OK, here is the deal, Getting ready for archery season here in Florida to open up, Sept 25..

Now its time to take the field points off and put on the broadheads, I went with the Blood runner broad heads for a few reason, First they weight the same as my field points, ( I put them both on a digital scale), second they say they shoot the same as your field points.

So my question is does any one else use these, and if so did you have to re-sight your bow in? Or do they really shoot the same as your field point? I do not have a area at home to shoot at, and my local range is field point only, I am in the process off making a block to shoot at, I made one for my field points witch worked great, ( I do have a place I can go shoot out doors, but its at a cousin house a hour a way..

So from the experts to me, do I need to re-sight my bow, or is everything good to go.. Looking for a clean kill, not a sloppy shot..
Old 09-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Broadheads rarely,if ever shoot exactly like field points,but with proper tuning,they can impact the same spot.

I would broadhead tune to make sure they are impacting the same.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

As long as the BH is straight it will shoot the same POI from a well tuned bow. I can shoot muzzys, magnus stingers, slick tricks, and bloodrunners all 100 gr and will shoot to the same POI.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

You don't know until you shoot them to make certain they impact the same spot. Taking them out on a hunt without verifying this is problematic at best. If they are off, don't move your sight, move your rest and/or knock point to get the two in line.

Last edited by *twodogs*; 09-16-2010 at 09:10 AM.