Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Bear Attack tuning question? >

Bear Attack tuning question?

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bear Attack tuning question?

Old 08-02-2010, 04:47 PM
Spike

Default Bear Attack tuning question?

I can't figure this out..... I just got a new Bear Attack and the thing shoots to the right every shot no matter where I move the site. I am left handed and I have the pins set almost a half inch to the right of the center of the arrow rest. I literally can't move it to the right any more and it's still shooting right. Vertically the pins are dead on.

Question 1:
Why are the pins not set directly over the center of the arrow rest? Are other bows like that? Is this common for the set up for a compound bow? (if I were to put the pins over the center of the arrow rest the bow would shoot 5 feet to the right of the target.)

Question 2:
If the arrow rest is off in either direction, which way would that throw the arrow?

Question 3:
Why can't I figure this out? (don't answer this last one).
Old 08-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Drink - what kind of rest are you using? Have you verified that you aren't getting fletching contact. Are you using release or fingers? What draw weight and draw length and what arrows? As many details as you can give will help.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:09 PM
Spike

Using a capture rest with loop and release. draw set at 65 lbs at 27" plus loop. shooting easton flat line 400's at 26 1/2" about 330 grains. Shooting about 6"-8" right at 30 yards and progressively farther at greater distances. How would the rest effect arrow flight? If the rest is too far to the left, would that kick the back of the arrow to the left causing the arrow to fly right? I just had the bow set up so I'm pretty sure it's square.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Two things come to mind, but it's more than likely the first here....

Move your rest to the LEFT, the rest being out of alignment is the issue or so it sounds from the information available. Second, you're spine is actually a little weak but the weak spine reaction for a LEFTY is for the arrow to fly to the LEFT, which is why the FIRST issue is the more likely answer to the problem.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:59 AM
Spike

I'll give it a shot and let you know what happens. Thanks.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:59 AM
Spike

Moving the rest seems to have corrected the problem. I must have been getting some type of fletching contact. Thanks.