Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
broadheads tuning >

broadheads tuning

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

broadheads tuning

Old 07-31-2010, 08:25 AM
Spike

Default broadheads tuning

When shooting my broadheads I have to resight my bow, my broadheads hit low, so I sighted them for broadheads now my feild points hit high...Is this normal? I am only shooting broadheads right now, and have it tuned pretty good...So I dont want to practice with feild tips ,only broadheads till season is over.Some one told me they should hit the same, I use fixed broadheads 85 grain, feld point same grain...I pull about 50lb, and my draw is 24 1/2 ..any info would help...
Old 07-31-2010, 08:59 AM
Typical Buck

hows the left and right?
Old 07-31-2010, 02:21 PM
Spike

Red face

Left to right is fine.....Im ok with resighting in for broadheads, People say I shoouldnt have to...But I do and always have, except, when I shot rage...I am shooting fixed now...
Old 08-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

This Easton tuning guide should help a lot....

http://www.willowcreekarchery.com/Ea...ning_guide.pdf
Old 08-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nearing 70,000 views and for good reason.....

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=539460
Old 08-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

if you tune your arrows it should be better,,by that i mean match your broadhead to your feathers,,if the vanes cut through the same air as the braod head it will fly better.alot of bow shooters overlook this...one way is to heat the inserts that braodheads are in and turn them to match by laying them on a flat surface.if you shoot three blade use three vanes and so on,,it will help but they still will be off alittle bit at distance..20 plus yards.good luck and good hunting
Old 08-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

wow that arrow tuneing site is fantastic
Old 08-02-2010, 03:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know some folks think otherwise, but I think more are of the opinion that lining up vanes with BH blades makes absolutely no difference.

Assuming things like rest contact, arrow spine, vane clearance etc., are all good, the poster should lower the knocking point, or raise the rest, very slightly. Once FPs and BHs hit together, it may be necessary to re-sight.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by vermont bowhunter
if you tune your arrows it should be better,,by that i mean match your broadhead to your feathers,,if the vanes cut through the same air as the braod head it will fly better.alot of bow shooters overlook this...one way is to heat the inserts that braodheads are in and turn them to match by laying them on a flat surface.if you shoot three blade use three vanes and so on,,it will help but they still will be off alittle bit at distance..20 plus yards.good luck and good hunting

Sorry to tell you but this makes no difference at all.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Typical Buck

i personally even line up my mechanicals, idk about you guys but it usually puts the fixed blades in the ball park atleast, if im turkey or small game hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.