HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Why should I get a string supressor? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/325943-why-should-i-get-string-supressor.html)

TFOX 07-22-2010 07:14 PM

Well,I have shot plenty of up scores with corner 12's and center 11's.(I have also shot plenty of 20 down scores as well:s5:)I know Drock has too (shot up scores,as well as 300 Vegas rounds)so the info is coming from people that know.I can also assure you I am far from a fad junkie,quite the opposite actually.

The Rev 07-23-2010 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by TFOX (Post 3651351)
Well,I have shot plenty of up scores with corner 12's and center 11's.(I have also shot plenty of 20 down scores as well:s5:)I know Drock has too (shot up scores,as well as 300 Vegas rounds)so the info is coming from people that know.I can also assure you I am far from a fad junkie,quite the opposite actually.

I don't recall call YOU a fad junkie... There's plenty of them. I remember when the whisker buscuit came out. People were running all over themselves to get one.

:wave:bye bye.. I'm out on this one, it's getting very boring! I've got better things to do. Yes, I am an arrogant ass!

drockw 07-24-2010 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by The Rev (Post 3651719)
I don't recall call YOU a fad junkie... There's plenty of them. I remember when the whisker buscuit came out. People were running all over themselves to get one.

:wave:bye bye.. I'm out on this one, it's getting very boring! I've got better things to do. Yes, I am an arrogant ass!

Sometimes anyways.... Most of the time you give good wise info, and I respect you still for that:cool2:

And if there werent fad junkies, no company would ever be big b/c we would all be shooting old bows b/c the technology to performance ratio has not gone up too much in the past years;)

The Rev 07-24-2010 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by drockw (Post 3652135)
Sometimes anyways.... Most of the time you give good wise info, and I respect you still for that:cool2:

And if there werent fad junkies, no company would ever be big b/c we would all be shooting old bows b/c the technology to performance ratio has not gone up too much in the past years;)

No doubt we have progressed into greatness, I will never dispute that at all. I remember the old days, I still have the first bow I won a tournament with in a shadow box.

You know as well as I do that is a lot of junk on the market from broad heads to fletchings. That is what I'm talking about, I hate to see new archers get caught sucked into paying for junk that doesn't work and just waste their money.
I love to see new up coming archers, I promote archery in every why I know all over the country. I just wish there wasn't so much false information out there. The poor guys believe every commerical they see, and it bugs the heck out of me to see those that don't know telling new guys what to use or how to shoot when they don't have a clue to start with.
That's why I have my web site, I just started it and have a lot to add to it, it's just to help others. I don't sell anything or have people advertise on it. The cost comes out of my pocket only to help promote archery and hunting, not to promote my personal agenda. Other than my daily devotionals to promote the gospel.

drockw 07-24-2010 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by The Rev (Post 3652143)
No doubt we have progressed into greatness, I will never dispute that at all. I remember the old days, I still have the first bow I won a tournament with in a shadow box.

You know as well as I do that is a lot of junk on the market from broad heads to fletchings. That is what I'm talking about, I hate to see new archers get caught sucked into paying for junk that doesn't work and just waste their money.
I love to see new up coming archers, I promote archery in every why I know all over the country. I just wish there wasn't so much false information out there. The poor guys believe every commerical they see, and it bugs the heck out of me to see those that don't know telling new guys what to use or how to shoot when they don't have a clue to start with.
That's why I have my web site, I just started it and have a lot to add to it, it's just to help others. I don't sell anything or have people advertise on it. The cost comes out of my pocket only to help promote archery and hunting, not to promote my personal agenda. Other than my daily devotionals to promote the gospel.

Nice. I agree with all of this, in fact once i got out of my stages of "better performance through aggressive spending" I try to tell people the same. Especially when it comes to shooting the bow itself, as if you have a good shot process, and decent form, any bow will shoot really well, adn better than the punchers 2000 rig hahaha.

Dont get me wrong though, I do like to buy and try for fun, and like trading bows around, but in the end, almost all do the same thing whether it be shooting spots or a backyard FITA round.

The Rev 07-24-2010 04:47 PM

Hey, we're all archery addicts we are going to spend money, that's for sure. I do my share of buying, selling and trading. I'm never satisfied with a bow for long. I think I spend too much time building stabs and balance bars. It has to be perfect, then for some STUPID reason I change things again.. lol.

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it very much Drock.