HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Technical (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical-20/)
-   -   Why should I get a string supressor? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/technical/325943-why-should-i-get-string-supressor.html)

drockw 07-22-2010 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by The Rev (Post 3650890)
I'm shoot a 29 in DL. My hunting bows are 30 DL just cause I want the extra speed shooting 543 gn arrow with 21% FOC.
I don't have a surpressor on it, I never pop my arm and for all practical purposes I should with the extra inch.

I will teach you both how to shoot if you allow me to.:biggrin:
come to my indoor range in Texas, and I'll be glad to give you some free lessons. Normally I get 25.00 an hour for private lessons, I'll wave it for you both.:throw:..

I try and give you the respect and benefit of the doubt, and now your arrogant ass offers me lessons hahahahaha. Im looking at becoming an nfaa certified coach right now, so I'm not sure you know who YOU are talking to. Ill be in louisville at the indoor nationals next march. Maybe you can teach me how to shoot there...

Oh, and btw, shooting a longer draw for speed:happy0157:

TFOX 07-22-2010 01:15 PM

Funny,drock shot winter leagues this year as a teamate of a level IV instructor that works with the olympics as well.He has shot in my yard and on the range with me and I can tell you he is still a slight bit short on the draw and also has a good grip.He is a big man and has a big frame and string oscillation can get anyone under the right circumstances.When you get behind your shot properly,you get closer to the string path and someone with big forearms may need to where an arm guard or utilize a string suppressor.BUT he doesn't need one.He just stated that sometimes he can feel the the string touch his skin.

Of course,you can shorten up.Open your stance,as well as shoulders to create more clearance but that creates more issues than it solves.

TFOX 07-22-2010 01:23 PM

Here you go,this guy is in need of some instruction.Maybe you can give him a lesson.:s12:

AvidA 07-22-2010 01:49 PM

This is a great thread/replies and and due to being new to archery I learn a lot!:happy0001:
Jesses HuntinG
Avid NRA Life Member

The Rev 07-22-2010 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by drockw (Post 3651049)
I try and give you the respect and benefit of the doubt, and now your arrogant ass offers me lessons hahahahaha. Im looking at becoming an nfaa certified coach right now, so I'm not sure you know who YOU are talking to. Ill be in louisville at the indoor nationals next march. Maybe you can teach me how to shoot there...

Oh, and btw, shooting a longer draw for speed:happy0157:

Thanks for calling me an arrogant ass.. I appreicate it, I know I'm arrogant, but I know my #$%^..

drockw 07-22-2010 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by TFOX (Post 3651156)
Here you go,this guy is in need of some instruction.Maybe you can give him a lesson.:s12:

Leaning back, arm extended very straight, and the fool needs an arm guard:rolleye0011:

Oh wait, he does pretty well usually doesnt he:s12:

passthru79 07-22-2010 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by The Rev (Post 3651170)
Thanks for calling me an arrogant ass.. I appreicate it, I know I'm arrogant, but I know my #$%^..

I have no doubt you know your stuff Rev. Ill let you in on a little secret though. When you come accross as arrogant as you are nobody really gives two sh*ts what you know or what you think you know cause its near impossible to see through the ego you have built around yourself. I would say Im supprised that you make $25 an hour teaching lessons but I am pretty confident that those people paying that are probably the "sheep" that follow and do anything you were refering to in a previous post. There are alot of very accomplished archers on here with or without cridentials, some flaunt them and some just keep to themselfs. The ones that are the most accomplished are the ones that get on here and actualy help people, not the ones that are on here spreading their arrogance and trying to beef up their ego.

The Rev 07-22-2010 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by passthru79 (Post 3651200)
I have no doubt you know your stuff Rev. Ill let you in on a little secret though. When you come accross as arrogant as you are nobody really gives two sh*ts what you know or what you think you know cause its near impossible to see through the ego you have built around yourself. I would say Im supprised that you make $25 an hour teaching lessons but I am pretty confident that those people paying that are probably the "sheep" that follow and do anything you were refering to in a previous post. There are alot of very accomplished archers on here with or without cridentials, some flaunt them and some just keep to themselfs. The ones that are the most accomplished are the ones that get on here and actualy help people, not the ones that are on here spreading their arrogance and trying to beef up their ego.

I'd starve to death on 25.00 an hour I only do it for a select few, I'm far to busy making money to waste my time on teaching!
I don't need to beef up my ego, I'm just not a fad junkie like most of the wantabees. I just get so sick and tired of hearing guys ask questions and all they get back is freaking personal opinions from some that don't know squat!
The problem with archery is that most guys learn from those who don't know Jack. I see them all the time on the 3D course. Those that are shooting 250- 275 are trying to teach others their own bad habits. Not arrogant just tired of listening those those that think they know!

passthru79 07-22-2010 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by The Rev (Post 3651206)
I'd starve to death on 25.00 an hour I only do it for a select few, I'm far to busy making money to waste my time on teaching!
I don't need to beef up my ego, I'm just not a fad junkie like most of the wantabees. I just get so sick and tired of hearing guys ask questions and all they get back is freaking personal opinions from some that don't know squat!
The problem with archery is that most guys learn from those who don't know Jack. I see them all the time on the 3D course. Those that are shooting 250- 275 are trying to teach others their own bad habits. Not arrogant just tired of listening those those that think they know!

Thats funny you say that cause I feel the exact same way. The majority of guys dont know much about archery. Some of them, usualy the ones that come off all defensive and arrogant are the ones that think they know alot more than what they actualy do. Just about every time I shoot a 3-D shoot, or an indoor shoot for that matter, I see these guys with there staff shrits with there 3-D bows with their magnified sights and thier 4ft stabilizers and binos. It always happens once I finish the shoot one or more of them come up to me and ask "so what was your score" and once I show them my score card they usualy have this look on their face like they are about to cry and then they walk off. I still cant figure out why that is, I guess its possible that I might actualy know what Im doing when it comes to archery.

The Rev 07-22-2010 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by passthru79 (Post 3651217)
Thats funny you say that cause I feel the exact same way. The majority of guys dont know much about archery. Some of them, usualy the ones that come off all defensive and arrogant are the ones that think they know alot more than what they actualy do. Just about every time I shoot a 3-D shoot, or an indoor shoot for that matter, I see these guys with there staff shrits with there 3-D bows with their magnified sights and thier 4ft stabilizers and binos. It always happens once I finish the shoot one or more of them come up to me and ask "so what was your score" and once I show them my score card they usualy have this look on their face like they are about to cry and then they walk off. I still cant figure out why that is, I guess its possible that I might actualy know what Im doing when it comes to archery.

I agree... They usually shy off when they see a 300 plus card.:happy0001: ... That reminds of of the guy that shot a tournament several years ago how that must have been using a telephone pole for a stab. He had on a pretty Hoyt shirt, 300.00 sun glasses, and talking trash.. When it was over I don't think he looked up walking away empty handed!:wave: Bye, I told him while going to get my check.
I'm out of this one it's getting no where fast.. Take care.