Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
anyone used this sight before? >

anyone used this sight before?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

anyone used this sight before?

Old 05-21-2010, 04:46 AM
Spike

Default anyone used this sight before?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Predator-IV-Pend...item45f2f6ee4c
Old 05-22-2010, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

First off let me say I have tried many different pendulum sights Keller, Scout MTN, Impact archery and so on and by FAR the Predator IV was the best sight in all aspects.

The only thing with the Predator IV is you need to read the instructions because there are a few ways you can adjust it. How I have always done it is site it in from 20yrds on the ground then got on my house to shoot from an elevated position and see if it is right at 20yrds and after it is right on and still from the elevated position I shoot at the closest distance I can and see where it hits and also shoot to around 30yrds or so and see how that goes then if they are off you can slide the pin arm in or out to adjust for the speed of the bow which is some thing none of the other pendulums I have ever seen be able to do.

It may sound complicated but it is all in the instructions and very simple to do.

It makes no noise! If you have shot a keller you know it can be very loud.

Also it has I very bright pin in low light conditions.

Now you have to remeber this is a tree stand sight. So if you plan to do most of your hunting from an elevated position then is the the sight to use now if you hunt on the ground what you will have to do is after you get it set up from an elevated position go to the ground and see at what range it shoots the bullseye and you will know what to do if you find your self needing to make a shoot from the ground.

Hope this helps!!!

Last edited by steve25; 05-22-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:07 AM
Spike

yes it does help, ty the main reason i was looking at this sight was that it was speed adjustable. and hunting in florida you almost have to hunt from a stand. thats kind of why i was looking at a pendulum, plus i hunt on public land so i don't always get to measure out distances off of the tree i'm in" someone already on the trail, ect." but thank you for the feed back