Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech ?

Old 05-27-2010, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by huntmich
Ok here's another question. What would be my best option, new or used, for $400 bare bow. Brand doesn't matter.
I would go new.The new/leftover General I got was 525 shipped.Originally these were going around 750!Give ebay a look.That's where I got mine.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:06 AM
Spike

I am with Matt, I own the Ice Storm and I have NOTHING bad to say about it! You want to spend 400.00 on a used bow, add sights, rest, quiver peep, stabilizer and you have successfully spent more than what the Ice Storm cost. The Ice Storm comes with Octane stab, rest and Diamonds quiver. It is a nice setup!

Azle
Old 06-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

I got an 09 admiral on Archery Talk for $500 w/vapor trail strings It is a shooter Always been a Hoyt guy but shooting admiral was just a perfect fit for me
Old 06-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Spike

The '08, or '07 Commander are great shooting bows, one of the best ever made. You'd really have to try one to appreciate how good they are. You should be able to pick up an '08 Commander in excellent condition for $400 or less, with some accessories on it.

Another nice thing is if after a while you wish to upgrade to a new bow, the Commander will be easy to sell.

Good Luck!
Old 06-21-2010, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Had alot of good bowtech's, lots of bad. Best one I had was a bowtech commander. Worst one was an allegience. Second worse for me was a guardian. Ok one was a liberty. I have a sentinel now, and say the commander was better.
What year Allegience? Most folks would prob argue the Allegience and Tribute are best 2 bows BT ever produced. (at least on archerytalk.com they do)

You 1st need to decide if you want a single or 2 cam bow. If you want a single cam bow you'll prob be looking at the Diamond line.

if you want a good deal on a used bow check out archerytalk.com's used section. Diamond made a Marquise for a few years that was and extremely smooth bow with half decent speeds. They no longer make them but I have seen some very good deals on those and the Black Ice bows.

The binary cam bows are a different animal if you havent shot them before. Its a pretty big adjustment getting used to a much smaller valley if you are used to a high let off single cam.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

If I were to buy one used off of ebay or someplace similar. I believe I would try to find an Admiral, Captain, or a Sentinal. Unless you are looking for a speed bow then you may look for a 101st or an 82nd. I have an 05 Alligiance and have loved it from the day I bought it.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:33 AM
Typical Buck

I have the 09 Admiral and LOVE IT. Fast, silent, no vibration and can be held in full draw for minutes without shaking.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:33 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by Duckbutter48
What year Allegience? Most folks would prob argue the Allegience and Tribute are best 2 bows BT ever produced. (at least on archerytalk.com they do)

You 1st need to decide if you want a single or 2 cam bow. If you want a single cam bow you'll prob be looking at the Diamond line.

if you want a good deal on a used bow check out archerytalk.com's used section. Diamond made a Marquise for a few years that was and extremely smooth bow with half decent speeds. They no longer make them but I have seen some very good deals on those and the Black Ice bows.

The binary cam bows are a different animal if you havent shot them before. Its a pretty big adjustment getting used to a much smaller valley if you are used to a high let off single cam.
It was the first year allegience. They changed the cams next year to fix the weak cam issues and bad limbs. The rash of bad limbs was amazing. I am shocked that bowtech was able to keep the lid on that garbage can. My hats off to em.

I was shocked when my bowtech liberty started having limb issue. They were not known to do that. I really liked that liberty and hunted with it for 4 years. Kinda a dog on speed, but I killed I bet 15 deer with it.

I am so over binary cams. I had a few. Loved the idea at first. But bowtech had such troubles with lean and limbs. Out of the 5 binary cam bows I had, the only one that dead straight cams was the 07 commander. That bow was awesome. Should have never sold it.

I have since understood why they went with the split buss cable on the destroyer. Looking back, there was nothing wrong with split cable design. Sure, it was difficult to time properly. Sure it took fancy lasers and all to align. But you could make a bow have zero cam lean at full draw or split the differce at rest and full draw.