Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
quiver in the way of my HHA moveable single-pin sight ?? see pic. >

quiver in the way of my HHA moveable single-pin sight ?? see pic.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

quiver in the way of my HHA moveable single-pin sight ?? see pic.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:40 PM
Spike

Default quiver in the way of my HHA moveable single-pin sight ?? see pic.

hey guys .

well, got a new 2009 black ice. love it .
i bought the diamond one-piece quiver posted below in the pic . it works great , but i have to mount it with some space between it and my optimizer sight so the bar can move up and down to adjust the single pin for yardage. i used 2 .5" nylon bushings for spacers.

ANYWAYS, i can only move the pin enough to accommodate 20 30 and 40 yards, as the bushings act as bumpers on either side of the elevation bar .
is there any hope to use the one piece anymore ?
or do i just go to a 2 piece 120$ diamond quiver with the magnetic tip holder? thats ok , i just wish i could find a cheaper 2 piece that matches my 2009 black ice's HARDWOODS GREY camo .

i was really surprised i couldnt find any posts about anyone with a quiver issue with a HHA moveable pin sight ....
Attached Thumbnails quiver in the way of my HHA moveable single-pin sight ?? see pic.-dmdquiver_6arrow_1pc_rgb.jpg  
Old 04-22-2010, 06:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Can you post a picture. I think I know the answer but I'd like a quick look.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:37 AM
Spike

I can post one when I get home from work. ..but in the mean time, what were you thinking?
Old 04-22-2010, 07:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Actually, I don't think the two work together. I believe that sight is more for competition and competition shooters don't use a bow mounted quiver.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:11 AM
Spike

That's OK. I found a few people selling the 2 piece diamond quiver on here so ill look them up.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Spike

ok these pics should clear things up . just took them .
they show my sight directly mounted to the bow's riser, and then 2 white nylon spacers between the sight and the quiver bracket (black oval on top of spacers) .

now the only way to improve the range of motion of my sight would be to mount the sight using the 2 sight bolt holes that are closest to the front of the sight... that way the sight mounting holes would be as close as possible to the pivot point of the sight , which is in the middle of the frame. confused yet? im sure youll get it looking at the pics.
the REASON i dont wanna do that is i like to keep my sight pin as far away from my peep eye as i can, to eliminate fuzziness and parallax. ... just a habit i guess.

regardless , ill probably just get the 2 piece instead. . .
Attached Thumbnails quiver in the way of my HHA moveable single-pin sight ?? see pic.-2010-04-22-17.34.14-medium-.jpg   quiver in the way of my HHA moveable single-pin sight ?? see pic.-2010-04-22-17.34.55-medium-.jpg   quiver in the way of my HHA moveable single-pin sight ?? see pic.-2010-04-22-17.35.06-medium-.jpg  
Old 04-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by italianjeremy
ok these pics should clear things up . just took them .
they show my sight directly mounted to the bow's riser, and then 2 white nylon spacers between the sight and the quiver bracket (black oval on top of spacers) .

now the only way to improve the range of motion of my sight would be to mount the sight using the 2 sight bolt holes that are closest to the front of the sight... that way the sight mounting holes would be as close as possible to the pivot point of the sight , which is in the middle of the frame. confused yet? im sure youll get it looking at the pics.
the REASON i dont wanna do that is i like to keep my sight pin as far away from my peep eye as i can, to eliminate fuzziness and parallax. ... just a habit i guess.

regardless , ill probably just get the 2 piece instead. . .

You have the quiver bracket mounted in the wrong holes.

If you look at your sight bracket... you'll notice three or four sets of holes (one top and one bottom). There is one set that is threaded, and all the rest of them are not. You want to use the cylendrical head screws to attach the sight to the riser. Then, use whatever long set of hardware screws came with your quiver to attach your bracket into the threaded holes.

That will put your bracket closer to the pivot point of the sight. Works like new money. I'm not crazy about the way it looks... but function over form.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Here's a really stupid question, why don't you take off the quiver when you are in the stand? I know it seems like a hassle, but I do that all the time, just because I don't like the added weight on my bow. I usually had it on the tree somewhere. In fact I made a leather quiver this year for my long bow that I'm going to use this hunting season.
Another reason I take my quiver off, there are some places I hunt during the winter that I have very little cover, and I don't like my arrows with bright vanes standing out attached to my bow. I used my quiver strictly to transport my arrows until I got to my stand. Unless it was a spot and stalk hunt.
I wish you lived closer, I know I could come up with something for you that would work.

Here's a picture of the quiver I will be using this year, both with my trad and compound.

Last edited by The Rev; 04-22-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Spike

Swamp , thanks for pointing that out. for years, ive always used the same holes to mount the quiver AND the sight to the bow.
as i stated in the previous post , i was gonna try holes in that area, but really didnt put 2 and 2 together and realized the threaded holes are for the quiver . .

i just need to make 9/16" spacers to clear a mounting bolt on the sight arm . ... no biggie . itll work great then ! trust me, these nylon bushings are sturdy as hell . now itll be nice since the only thing connected to the bushings will be the quiver, NOT the mounting bolts for the site .

REV ,
im glad you brought that up . for 2 decades of bowhunting ive always taken my quiver off in stand.. or just brought one arrow to the woods and havent needed to( i know i know, i dont do that anymore, now i bring 3) .

i was dreading getting a 2 piece since you cant easily detach them in the stand. now i can once i make up the new bushings . just checked the range of motion : 90% range of motion , PERFECT .

Last edited by italianjeremy; 04-22-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Great!!! Feels good when things go right.

I don't know if anyone in the world mess with his archery junk as much as I do. Today I switched sights on two bows, bought one more bow, switched some stabilizers, fletched more arrows, bought a new arrow scale. Switched a dozen broadheads to other ones, and I'm going fishing tonight.. And hopefully do some pig hunting tomorrow..
It sucks having A.D.D. BTW all while I'm working..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.