Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Hello and Help

Old 03-17-2010, 05:58 AM
Spike

Default Hello and Help

Been doing alot of reading and learning, great site. I purchased a 2010 Diamond Ice Storm and it shoots great, only one problem.... the five pin site is bottomed out no more downward adjustment. The bow is hitting right just don't have anymore down adj, here is what the bow is equiped with, Bow; five-arrow one-piece Diamond quiver; metal, five-pin, fiber-optic sight; Hostage XL rest; braided sling; peep and 5" Diamond stabilizer. Can anyone offer any suggestion for a fix for this problem? Big Thank you in advance

Azle
Old 03-17-2010, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

There could be a couple of reasons for this.

First... welcome.

Second... are all of your pins bottomed out as well? Or just the gang/housing adjustment on the sight?

Third... I am assuming it had it professionally set up?

Quite often in situations such as this, assuming you did have it set up by someone who knew what they were doing, the reason a sight will be bottomed out is because your anchor point is probably a bit high up on your face. The means that your peep sight is going to be very low. This puts your arrow closer to your eye, which isn't always bad, but that means your arrow is going to cross your line of sight sooner and your pins will have to be much lower (closer to your arrow). I could also mean that your draw length is too long.

Lots of variables here.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:32 AM
Spike

The Bow was set up by Cabelas I know the tech and he is above the line. Anchor point (right handed) when I am anchored my thump is straight and between my mouth and chin, hope that helps. My wing span is 76" and my old bow, did I say OLD! was set at 30 this one is at 29.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:45 AM
Spike

Means something is definately wrong have it checked at a ProShopz !
Old 03-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Spike

Good call Swamp Collie peep to low just got back, the Mgr for the archery department went back through everything and said he thought the peep was to low I neede to come in for adjustment. Just got back from shooting it and I believe this is a smoking bow, put it like this i will not be shooting the same point while practicing. shot about a 1 inch group at 20 yards first time after adjustment. I am pumped and ready! Thanks for all the input, now it's time to put a couple hundred arrows through it!
Old 03-17-2010, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

I would suggest making a sheet with all your specs of the bow, tiller, ata, bh, peep and loop location. I about a month or 200 shots the string will have been broke in and you might need some adjustments.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:55 AM
Spike

I am good on all the measurments just don't quite understand how to measure tiller. Any help there, thank you

Azle
Old 03-19-2010, 03:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Azle where are you from. I can fix it in five minutes but I need to see it first. You wouldn't be from Azle Texas would you, if so I have a project going on in Lake Worth, I could meet you there.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:54 PM
Spike

Rev Thank you for the call, I look forward to getting together. have a great day!

Azle
Old 03-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by azle
Rev Thank you for the call, I look forward to getting together. have a great day!

Azle
You are certainly welcome, I'll be back in town on Wednesday and I'm sure I'll be in Lake Worth several times a week. Just let me know if you need any help, I'll be glad to help out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.