Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Which drop-away for PSE Nova >

Which drop-away for PSE Nova

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Which drop-away for PSE Nova

Old 03-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Which drop-away for PSE Nova

To make a long story short, my new son-in-law comes up from FL last thanksgiving. He's never shot a bow before and wants to try mine. I say sure. We go outside and shoot it and he is absolutely hooked. Goes home and jumps on the first used bow he sees, a PSE Nova. Starts buying acc. without my help and ends up with a whisker biscuit rest. He's now shot it for a few months and doesn't like the rest so he's looking for a drop-away now. My question, since I'm not down there to help him in person is, will a drop-away work on a Nova? He's really interested in a Ripcord or a QAD. Thanks for any advice.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 03-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

IMHO you can't find a better dropaway for any bow than the Vapor Trail Limb Driver.

Others may work but none are as easy to set up, nor work as consistent than the Limb Driver.

Dan
Old 03-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Fork Horn

They will all work on that bow!! Some of the drop aways are real simple like the NAP Freedom-no strings. If you do decide on the QAD get the LD or the HD models. The new Code Red Limb Driver? haven't had any thing come back and say anything good or bad.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I'm a find it; I keep it kind of archer

Only for consideration. Found a good working rest in NAP; NAP Quiktune Drop-Away 2000.

Been using it for four years. It has a tray that holds the arrow before drawing the arrow. Not a whisker biscuit, but you almost have to turn the bow over to drop the arrow.

Not only has it worked for me, they still sell them. NAP will get my first look on my next rest. Plus you can find rests for $50 or so, that don't break the bank.

Thanks for reminding me to save the NAP website.

Last edited by Valentine; 03-14-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:44 PM
bigcountry

If I had a PSE Nova, and I have set up a bunch of em, I would get a Muzzy Zero Effect. Best "hunting" rest there is. Worked great with the older bows like your nova, that had tons of cable slide movement. Just worked like crap for parralel limbed bows like the modern ones because they have very little cable side movement.

They can be got for less than 35 dollars now. I have had 3 of em, but I paid over 100 for em back in 2000 and 2002.