Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

no grip on bow?

Old 01-20-2010, 12:06 PM
Spike

Question no grip on bow?

just wondering if anyone has taken off their stock grip and left it off, i'm shooting a pse stinger and the grip is rather large. i know that a lot of guy's go with a very slim grip, but does anyone shot without one at all?
Old 01-20-2010, 02:52 PM
Spike

I shoot without one on my martin. I suppose it could be a little colder but I hunt in AZ so it's no problem

Joel
Old 01-20-2010, 03:09 PM
Typical Buck

i have seen people do this but everyone i hunt with shoots matthews and they have pretty small grips as it is... i shoot a bear truth and the grip is just 2 oval shaped panels of wood on either side
Old 01-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Spike

Try tennis racket tape, it wont make the grip any larger. I know several people that have done what you have. I hate fat grips also.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:47 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by hunting sniper
Try tennis racket tape, it wont make the grip any larger. I know several people that have done what you have. I hate fat grips also.
I did this on my old PSE. When I took the big plastic grip off, the corners were too sharp to be comfortable. The tennis racket tape worked great.
Old 01-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Spike

i've seen a rubber grip wrap @ a couple shops i think i'll try that thanks for the input.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

Lot's do that. The less hand contact on the bow handle the less chance to torque the shot. But the bare handle has to be reasonably comfortable or it can start to hurt (sharp corners).
Old 01-20-2010, 08:32 PM
Spike

couldn't u just smooth out the edges?