Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Fletching-Left VS Right helical-- >

Fletching-Left VS Right helical--

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Fletching-Left VS Right helical--

Old 01-19-2010, 05:03 AM
Spike

Default Fletching-Left VS Right helical--

bench shooting this weekend i have some bolts with right helical and some with left and found that all of my shots with left, whether field tips or broad heads shot identical---with the right helical my field points shot the same BUT my broadheads shot low and left about 3 to 4" at 25YDS---whats up gurus---i'm refletching all my bolts with left helical--i did this test a number of times with the same results and my bow is shooting GOOOOOD, here is my first 5 shots of the day and i made the mistake of shooting the same target twice--not recommended
Old 01-21-2010, 08:36 AM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Maybe getting some vane contact with the right that you aren't getting with the left? No idea, they should be the same.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:00 AM
Fork Horn

Are you shooting a crossbow, if so shoot with straight only. The fletching will contact the track and throw your shots off. (you refer to the arrows as bolts?) If you are shooting a vertical bow the fetching is probably touching your rest or cables.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:08 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by 3Children
Are you shooting a crossbow, if so shoot with straight only. The fletching will contact the track and throw your shots off. (you refer to the arrows as bolts?) If you are shooting a vertical bow the fetching is probably touching your rest or cables.
i am shooting a crossbow--the vanes-arrows and tips are all identical-they dont seem to touch the track--
Old 01-23-2010, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can also try this same post in the crossbow section - it might get more reponses there.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/
Old 01-23-2010, 06:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by 3Children
The Bolts won't start spinning until they are off the string. I slight Helical or offset won't hurt a thing. Many times the biggest problem with being consistent with Crossbow bolts is that the short length makes it difficult to get proper FOC.

Check out the Max FOC bolts on my website.

Dan