Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Shooting broadheads >

Shooting broadheads

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Shooting broadheads

Old 11-27-2009, 02:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default Shooting broadheads

Iam having trouble getting my broadheads to shoot consistent. I have tight shot groups with field points, but my broadheads are not shooting consistently. I switched to different arrows and thought I fixed the problem but they started shooting bad again.

Im shooting 100 grain G5 montecs carbon steel broadheads on redhead carbon fury arrows 6075 29'' length. My bow is a Diamond Black Ice and it should be at 60 pounds, I don't have a scale. Im not sure what to do I was thinking my bow to a bow shop but thought I'd get some input on here first.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Kansashunter89
Iam having trouble getting my broadheads to shoot consistent. I have tight shot groups with field points, but my broadheads are not shooting consistently. I switched to different arrows and thought I fixed the problem but they started shooting bad again.

Im shooting 100 grain G5 montecs carbon steel broadheads on redhead carbon fury arrows 6075 29'' length. My bow is a Diamond Black Ice and it should be at 60 pounds, I don't have a scale. Im not sure what to do I was thinking my bow to a bow shop but thought I'd get some input on here first.
It could be your bow just isn't tuned well enough to shoot broadheads. Easton's Tuning Guide could help with this.

You can't compare the results you get with field points. Arrows can be grossly mismatched to a bow and still group very well. They don't have those little blades up front that can plane off in some goofy direction.