Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

group issues.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default group issues.

my old arrows where pse 200s forget the model number. They where cheap arrows just for practice and they ended up being my hunting arrows for a few years. This year i changed to a truglow superslam and carbon express maxima hunters 350s with the quikspin st vanes. they seem like a good arrow but my groups are not what i would like. Seems there not grouping like the old ones. heck a week into shooting my bow when i got it i robin hooded a arrow and ended up refleatching 12 arrows three times due to cutting fletches.
Are these arrows just not that good or could my bow not like them. Or is it just i am not shooting enough. heck last year i was getting 4 inch groups when i had not shot my bow for almost a year. My plan is to do some more shooting properly Friday. SO maybe it will get better.
I think i am good enough for hunting getting good groups just not the ones where the arrows are rubbing each other i was.
My setup is a Reflex excursion. 68 pounds of weight. As for drawlenth i thought it was 31 odd this was the shop that made my arrows measured my old ones at 27 1/2 . Plus i did notice my draw lenth might be alittle short but it is the same it has been since i got the bow If i hold the bow at full draw and hold my arm straight out to my side it is way short maybe 3 or 4 inchs. Though i do hold my arm alittle bent so not to hit it. Honestly i never noticed the short issue till the other day. Could it be the draw lenth. Or not since i did not have this issue before.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

Your Bow must fit you to be able to consistently shoot well, Have it and you checked buy an Archery Shop.
Other wise the Carbon Express Maxima 350's are a great arrow, I don't care for the quick spin's though. All my arrows have 2" Blazers, but that's just me.

Last edited by glockman55; 11-04-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

The new arrows are considerably stiffer,which may be causing a tuning issue.But I would suspect some kind of contact issue to be the culprit.

Make sure the new arrow's fletching is indexed the same as the old arrows.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

what do you mean contact issues and indexed the same. I have a quiktune drop away the off color vanes goes down just like the old one. I am going to go tomorrow and have it checked out. Though i do not think the shops going to want to help much since i did not buy the arrows from him. Though it was because i was 2 hours away at the time i bought them.
Originally Posted by TFOX
The new arrows are considerably stiffer,which may be causing a tuning issue.But I would suspect some kind of contact issue to be the culprit.

Make sure the new arrow's fletching is indexed the same as the old arrows.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

If the shopowner is a good one he'll help you out even if you didnt buy the arrows or the bow from him.i personally would lower your draw weight about 5 lbs and practice with it lowered to get your back muscle back into sharp being you haven't shoot much over the year.Pick a spot when you shoot and watch the spot til the arrow hits and most of all relax when you shoot.Your grouping will come back to what you were shooting before with time.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I found out why every 5th or 6th arrow jumps all over the place i jerk it to the left or right alittle. Did ok on controling that today.
Originally Posted by nys-buckstalker
If the shopowner is a good one he'll help you out even if you didnt buy the arrows or the bow from him.i personally would lower your draw weight about 5 lbs and practice with it lowered to get your back muscle back into sharp being you haven't shoot much over the year.Pick a spot when you shoot and watch the spot til the arrow hits and most of all relax when you shoot.Your grouping will come back to what you were shooting before with time.