Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
The New Mathews Z7 Bow >

The New Mathews Z7 Bow

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

The New Mathews Z7 Bow

Old 11-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default The New Mathews Z7 Bow

I've been waiting to see what is new with Mathews and here it is, the Z7, looks great, can't wait to shoot it. 2010 is time for a new bow, I love my Switchback XT but is time for a new one, the XT will be my back up. Here is a video about the bow

http://mathewsinc.com/mathews-bows-1...y-videos-45571

Last edited by BOWHUNTERCOP; 11-02-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

The wife just came in from work, and saw me looking at this bow, asked me if I want it for Xmas, I must admitt I said YES, but I have to shoot it first before she buys it for me.

She is wonderful!!!!
Old 11-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

My shop got one in today(Z7) when I was there and he let me shoot it,nice feel very very little hand shock but still not enough change to get ried of my Drenlin,also shot the Carbon Matrix by Hoyt,way to much CASH for it but looks cool in Black.....
Old 11-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like the riser would make a nice grill
Old 11-02-2009, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought they used a milk crate as a mold pattern and did away with machining.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

We got our demo in today and I was actually mildly impressed with this bow. The riser should be very strong with the "truss" design. The cam rolled over smoothly and the bow produced very little vibration at the shot. The grip is skinnier than on past bows which is a big plus. It was also a very quiet bow. I like the color coded rollers on the cable guard that correspond to the color of serving on the cables so you don't get them mixed up.

A couple of things I did not like. There is a slight sideways kick to the bow when you shoot it and I attribute this to the amount of reflex built into the riser. It wasn't as bad as the Reezens but it was there. And the little monkey tail things just look friggin stupid and gimmicky.

Overall I think that Mathews actually improved a little this year. I definetly like the 2010 bows better than the last two years designs.

I would like to see Mathews design a bow with a light weight but strong riser design like the Z7. Shorter more efficient limbs so that the riser could be designed with very little to no reflex and with a slightly less aggressive cam than what is on the monsters.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up Congrats!

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
The wife just came in from work, and saw me looking at this bow, asked me if I want it for Xmas, I must admitt I said YES, but I have to shoot it first before she buys it for me.

She is wonderful!!!!
I can't begin to understand what that must be like. You have a lot to be thankful for. Hell would freeze over before my wife would even entertain the notion of saying something like that.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

The Z7 is by far the smoothest shooting hunting bow I've ever shot. I really think it is the quietest Mathews has come out with also. It has an awesome back wall and is completely dead after the shot. I've got one ordered!
Old 11-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ranger56528
,nice feel very very little hand shock
My local matthews dealer got his Z7 in on tues afternoon.Shoot it that night.Very nice ,like was said very little handshock,but wish it didnt have the monkey tails (i call them) on it.Overall very nice bow.Waiting to see the new monster 7.0 when it comes in to shoot it.Shot both of the monsters last year didnt really care for the short brace height.thinking about getting a new bow this year after season ends.The Z7 might be it or the new DR2.My question is Why do the manufactures wait til the season opens to bring out new bows ??
Old 11-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by nys-buckstalker
My local matthews dealer got his Z7 in on tues afternoon.Shoot it that night.Very nice ,like was said very little handshock,but wish it didnt have the monkey tails (i call them) on it.Overall very nice bow.Waiting to see the new monster 7.0 when it comes in to shoot it.Shot both of the monsters last year didnt really care for the short brace height.thinking about getting a new bow this year after season ends.The Z7 might be it or the new DR2.My question is Why do the manufactures wait til the season opens to bring out new bows ??
Being I got my buck tonight so my Archery season is over I might reconsider the Z7 after thinking things out,maybe it is time to let the Drenlin go ....Have to say the Hoyt Maxxis is a nice bow also.