Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
New Arrows --- Need some opinions PLEASE!!!!! >

New Arrows --- Need some opinions PLEASE!!!!!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

New Arrows --- Need some opinions PLEASE!!!!!

Old 10-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default New Arrows --- Need some opinions PLEASE!!!!!

I am looking into some new arrows and need some opinions. Currently shoot Victory VF HV's -- i do like them and they are fast --- but man the wind can really take them, especially with a BH on them. I am looking to go just a tad heavier. So am looking into these:

CE Maxima 3d Select
CE Maxima
Carbon Force Radial X Weave Pro
Easton Flatline

Any experience welcomed --- thanks in advance.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:38 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by FSUBIGMAC
I am looking into some new arrows and need some opinions. Currently shoot Victory VF HV's -- i do like them and they are fast --- but man the wind can really take them, especially with a BH on them. I am looking to go just a tad heavier. So am looking into these:

CE Maxima 3d Select
CE Maxima
Carbon Force Radial X Weave Pro
Easton Flatline

Any experience welcomed --- thanks in advance.
I would go with maximas. But they are too light for me. I like CT Whitetails XP. I heard they shipped the mfg of them overseas's so I am not sure of thier quality now. I have no experience with flatline or radial X.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

cant go wron with a beman... i use red head though, i think they are the same as a higher dollar arrow , jus with redhead printed on em.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMO, the Maximas are nice arrows overall, but just not durable enough for my use. And by that, I mean for anything lol... I was shooting maxima 250's (not the cheaper hunters either) and had 2 break in 3d targets on seperate instances. Also, had one or two break due to a miss etc. Yes, arrows can break when you miss but these tihings just seemed that they could not take any kind of abuse w/out breaking... Im not bashing them, b/c they flew excellently, but their durability for me just was outright bad...

Ive told you before, I really like the X-weave Pro. I think they are a very durable arrow, and most importantly, they fly well. I was shooting PRO 300's out of my XF6 at 330fps with a grizz trick and they were hitting exactly with my fp's after moderate tuning. Any arrow/bh combo that can do that gets a thumbs up from me
Old 10-12-2009, 12:47 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by drockw
IMO, the Maximas are nice arrows overall, but just not durable enough for my use. And by that, I mean for anything lol... I was shooting maxima 250's (not the cheaper hunters either) and had 2 break in 3d targets on seperate instances. Also, had one or two break due to a miss etc. Yes, arrows can break when you miss but these tihings just seemed that they could not take any kind of abuse w/out breaking... Im not bashing them, b/c they flew excellently, but their durability for me just was outright bad...

Ive told you before, I really like the X-weave Pro. I think they are a very durable arrow, and most importantly, they fly well. I was shooting PRO 300's out of my XF6 at 330fps with a grizz trick and they were hitting exactly with my fp's after moderate tuning. Any arrow/bh combo that can do that gets a thumbs up from me
Yea with the Hv's I understand completely about trashing an arrow if ya miss the target. They are like toothpicks.

The only thing I question about the X-Weaves is what i have read about the carbon possibly chipping off while stripping vanes. Any truth to this? Supposedly the weaving of the arrows makes it easier to catch and can strip the carbon.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Spike

I shoot the Flatline 500s and am very impressed.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by FSUBIGMAC
Yea with the Hv's I understand completely about trashing an arrow if ya miss the target. They are like toothpicks.

The only thing I question about the X-Weaves is what i have read about the carbon possibly chipping off while stripping vanes. Any truth to this? Supposedly the weaving of the arrows makes it easier to catch and can strip the carbon.
No truth to that in my personal experience, and shooting 3d with them, I strip vanes off etc about as much as I change my underwear

Ive had 2 dozen of them and really like them alot...

Im about to get either a dozen pro 300's or axis 300's but i just cant decide The axis are a better hunting arrow(heavier and more durable) but I believe the pro's are probably more accurate.