Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Easy way to tune your bow >

Easy way to tune your bow

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Easy way to tune your bow

Old 10-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Spike

Default Easy way to tune your bow

wondering what the easiest way to tune my bow would be because my broadheads seem to be flying a little funny towardy the end of flight. (sticking a littel sideways)
Old 10-06-2009, 06:22 PM
bigcountry

Easiest way to tune IMO is to use bareshaft tuning for seting nock point or rest height. Then using walk back tuning for adjusting centershot. Then move to BH tuning to bring her home.

Easton's guide has it all besides walkback.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bigcountry
Easiest way to tune IMO is to use bareshaft tuning for seting nock point or rest height. Then using walk back tuning for adjusting centershot. Then move to BH tuning to bring her home.

Easton's guide has it all besides walkback.
What he said ---- just do it --- especially the walkback and BH tuning. If ya can't get them flying good by those then I would go to the bareshaft
Old 10-07-2009, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

You are shooting broadheads , broadhead tuning is what you need to do . You can download a tuning guide from eastons web sight if you need one . I have found eastons guide very helpful , one exception is when you get to your horizontal knock settings , sometimes the opposite movment from what is sugested is what is needed , trial and error will get you where you need to be .