Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Twisting cables

Old 05-23-2003, 12:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Twisting cables

I' ve been a bowhunter a long time, but with the acquisition of my new Razortec, I' ve been reading a bit here about twisting cables to get perfect tune. I read the thread on creep tuning and, after trying it believe I may need to twist the lower cable a slight bit. How do you do this on a single string that runs all the way from one cam, around the other cam, and back? Is a bow press the only way or am I missing something obvious?
Old 05-23-2003, 12:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Twisting cables

Dave, I am still learning these new hoyt cams myself. One thing I have found is is the timing marks are pretty much the same top and bottom, it just doesn`t get any better.

Creep tuning is for twin cams.

If you need to twist your string or cables on the razor, you will need a press.

BTW, if you need any repairs or whatever, I never leave home without a bowpress and enough parts to build several bows.

So if you want to mess with your bow on the day of the party, I`ll have that stuff with me.
Old 05-23-2003, 03:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Twisting cables

Big Country--I know you' re a " razor" shooter now like me and may be able to help me " tweak" what I think is a pretty well tuned bow! I just tried the creep tuning and found that I' m a little bit high using the method detailed. Otherwise, it' s shooting pretty well.

We' ll take a look at it while you' re here and see if it can be tuned any better.