Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Whats the word ont he new PSE's?? >

Whats the word ont he new PSE's??

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whats the word ont he new PSE's??

Old 10-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default Whats the word ont he new PSE's??

I was currently thinking about a Bowtech Admiral/Captain.. But my buddy had just told me that PSE came out with some real nice bows which deserved to be looked @. Has anyone shot them??? R they as smooth as Bowtech when fired?? Before I decide I would like to know...
Old 10-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

They have more hand shock than the bowtech admiral when they are fired. I wont try and mask that or anything.

but think about it this way... What good is less handshock??? It doesnt mean the bow is any quieter or more accurate. Other than a creature comfort, hand shock basically means zilch when rating a bows overall performance. If that IS what you are wanting, id have to argue that the Bowtechs are going to be unbeaten in that catagory.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:36 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by drockw
They have more hand shock than the bowtech admiral when they are fired. I wont try and mask that or anything.

but think about it this way... What good is less handshock??? It doesnt mean the bow is any quieter or more accurate. Other than a creature comfort, hand shock basically means zilch when rating a bows overall performance. If that IS what you are wanting, id have to argue that the Bowtechs are going to be unbeaten in that catagory.
Have to agree. Kinda hard to top the center pivots as far as hand shock. I thought my Marquis was dead in the hands but I could barely feel the Captain or Iceman on the shot. Maybe some improved center pivots for 2010 from BT? I believe there is a thread over on AT about what PSE is coming out with for 2010 -- some things besides the typical X-force/Omen/BowMadness. Also Bear is coming out with a mean looking bow thats supposed to do @ 340 if I recall correctly (don't quote me on this). Its so close you might as well wait a month or two for the new releases -- if you don't like any of the 2010 -- you might be able to find a 2009 at a little lower price.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Question Try the link.

I personally would like to try the Vendetta XL, but several look promising.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1028040
Old 10-10-2009, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Also agree the CP risers are tough to beat for "shot feel". No recoil, no noise, no vibe.

Then again you are comparing apples to oranges- The CP bows while good performers are not the speed demons the XF bows are- not even close. A more apt comparison would be the 82nd model to the XFs.

For what they are, bows like the Omen are incredibly quiet and very tame to shoot. I've shot the Monster quite a bit as well, and the XF bows win for lack of noise and recoil at least as far as "in my hands" goes.

Very impressive lineup from PSE this year. Impressive enough for me to order one without waiting to see what else 2010 brings. Since my departure and return to Archery I'd def have to give PSE the "most improved player" award. The newer PSE bows are worlds better than the bows they were making just 5 or 6 years ago. Like night and day.

(*FYI- leaving town for 2 weeks today so if someone wants to argue with my observations ,as is the norm here lately, you'll have to wait til I get back )
Old 10-12-2009, 05:05 AM
Spike

It's a tough call, my buddy shoots an Admiral and cousin a Commander, and they are dead in the hand. However I shot a friends x-force he got this year and I am used to my 82nd and imho the x-force still had quite a bit more vibration then the 82nd. Also, I like that the 82nd is 80% let off, most x-force bows are 70%. I guess the feeling in hand and let-off was the deciding factor.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by superstockbigblock
It's a tough call, my buddy shoots an Admiral and cousin a Commander, and they are dead in the hand. However I shot a friends x-force he got this year and I am used to my 82nd and imho the x-force still had quite a bit more vibration then the 82nd. Also, I like that the 82nd is 80% let off, most x-force bows are 70%. I guess the feeling in hand and let-off was the deciding factor.
WOW! In my experience, owning both of the forementioned bows for a period of time, I would have to differ on the complete other side. My airborne shot, and held VERY nicely, but in the quietness and handshock department, the XF blew it outta the water!!!

Not saying your wrong, just goes to show ya that all of our opinions shouldnt mean jack to the OP and he should make up his own mind