Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
TR Drop Zone Rest >

TR Drop Zone Rest

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

TR Drop Zone Rest

Old 10-01-2009, 05:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default TR Drop Zone Rest

I used the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone rest on my Mathews LX last year and loved it. I recently purchased a Mathews Switchback LD and started transfering my setup. As I'm trying to put the rest on the Switchback, I notice that the string for the rest is too short to reach the cable. The cable roller on the Switchback is a bit longer then on the LX.

Can I replace the string on the rest in order to get one that will reach the cable or am I going to have to eat it and buy a new rest?
Old 10-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can replace the string on the rest. I wouldn't say its 'easy' but it isn't exactly hard either.

You need to basically take the thing apart... there are some very small allen screws (two on top of the housing and I think one on the side) that will drop the guts out of the rest. You'll need about a foot or better of BCY release loop cord, a lighter, and fair helping of patience. I've done several of these for customers, and they are a pain in the hind parts, but it isn't anything too complex.... just lots of small parts to keep track of.