Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Question on heilical. >

Question on heilical.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Question on heilical.

Old 01-03-2002, 11:57 AM

Default Question on heilical.

Should a right-handed shooter use right or left heilical. (I was told a righty should use left to get the arrow away from the bow.)
To me, this would make sense if your shooting a flipper rest or off the shelf. But not if your using a prong type of rest. Is this logical?
Can ya'll set me straight? Thanxs'
Old 01-03-2002, 12:57 PM
tm
Fork Horn

Default RE: Question on heilical.

There really isn't any reason to shoot one or the other. Personally I like right hand because it seems to help keep the points screwed in, and it gives better fletch/cable clearance for right handed shooters. You can also use straight fletch, but it needs to be offset to spin the arrow. Helical will give better control when shooting exposed blade broadheads tho.