Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech General

Old 09-24-2009, 07:30 AM
Spike

Default Bowtech General

I recently bought a slightly used Bowtech General. It has the #2 cams on it (for 29" draw). I need a 29.5" draw (or close to it). The 2008 Bowtech owner's guide calls for the posts to be set at 16 for this cam. My question is: can I move the posts to say...18 with this #2 cam to fit my draw length? Or do I absolutely have to go buy new cams for this bow?? I have placed the post at 18 and the draw fits me very well now. Am I losing that much efficiency by doing this?? Thanks for the help.

Z
Old 09-24-2009, 04:12 PM
Spike

anybody familiar with bowtechs??
Old 09-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I beleive that all you need is a new module. You could also try shooting a longer string loop.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:15 AM
Spike

i realize changing the cams is the most logical way to go, im just wondering if the way I have it set up now is ok (#2 cam with posts set on 18 instead of factory advised 16). If im not mistaken, each post accounts for 1/16" of draw length. so I guess im comfortable with a 29 1/8" draw on the bow with an extra 1/4" (give or take)from the D loop. Am I understanding that correctly??
Old 09-26-2009, 08:06 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SouthLAHunt
i realize changing the cams is the most logical way to go, im just wondering if the way I have it set up now is ok (#2 cam with posts set on 18 instead of factory advised 16). If im not mistaken, each post accounts for 1/16" of draw length. so I guess im comfortable with a 29 1/8" draw on the bow with an extra 1/4" (give or take)from the D loop. Am I understanding that correctly??
you dont need to change the cams. you need new draw length modules which most dealers will trade you for free for your old ones.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:44 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by live2Draw
you dont need to change the cams. you need new draw length modules which most dealers will trade you for free for your old ones.
mods is what i meant. sorry for the mistype
Old 09-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Typical Buck

Stop trying to "get by" and just get the proper mods. all things perfrom better with the right parts. :-)
Old 09-26-2009, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

You need to find a Bowtech Dealer and or look on ebay for CPX 1.5 mods. I have made MINOR adjustments to the mod post to find the sweet spot in my anchor, but would not fudge for a 1/2. You just spent some bucks on a great bow, do it and yourself a favor and spend the time to get the right mod. Good luck, it's a great bow.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:41 PM
Spike

Get on ebay or call your local shop and they should have the mods. Also...(and I may be mistaken) the mods are labeled CPF or CPX. Need to make sure you are getting the one you want/need.