Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Scouting during hunting season???? >

Scouting during hunting season????

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Scouting during hunting season????

Old 09-21-2009, 01:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default Scouting during hunting season????

I am brand new to hunting and wanna try a great public land location. How do I scout the area without messing up people that could be hunting in the area without me knowing? I dont wanna walk where someone is hunting but i dont wanna walk in blind the day i wanna hunt. its bow only in this area any ideas?

should i go at like 1pm when most people dont hunt?
Old 09-21-2009, 01:26 PM
Spike

Check in the rules and regulations but I believe that most public land you can not hunt on Sunday. I think Sunday would be your best bet.

Jeff
Old 09-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Fork Horn

All states are different on the no hunting on sundays law. It is not in effect here in Iowa.

Also try scouting during mid day. Most hunters will not be out that time of day.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

dear dude

u need to go in days b4 u hunt u r right aout that...as for walkin in on people , easy to see how many cars/trucks in the "parking lot"....sumtimes there is a faint trail of someone who did all the work already, bad thing bout public lands, or a good thing........public lands are public lands, so don feel bad bout walkin in, cause its ur land too..maybe afternoon is a good idea, at least you r tryin to be respectful of sum1 elses hunting, but it don matter when you go in cause people are like the deer, ya never kno their patterns