Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
82nd Arrow Choice >

82nd Arrow Choice

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

82nd Arrow Choice

Old 09-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default 82nd Arrow Choice

I have been playing around trying to paper tune my 82nd Airborne for the first time after owning it for around a year (I know, I should have tried this a long time ago).

My bow is 70lbs with a 29" draw, and I am shooting Easton ST Excels, 125g point and 2" blazers, cut to 29.5", 300 spine.

I keep getting a nock left tear, which I am unable to tune out by adjusting the rest.
This makes me think my arrows are under spined so I downloaded the free version of OT2 and it spits out that they are well under spined and I need around a 250 spine which means that about the only arrows that would suit would be FMJ DG's.

I am sure this is not a unique set up so could anyone using a similar set up let me know what they are using, or anyone who has a bit of knowledge about such things give me some advice?
Pleeeease!

Thanks

Last edited by dogboy900; 09-10-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

What is killing you is the arrow length.There is no reason to have 29.5 arrows out of a 29" bow.You should be able to easily shoot a 28"(raw shaft)28.5 to the nock groove.Should be much easier to get arrows to spine right then.

125 grain points don't help either,but they may be needed for foc.You may need to drop to 100's.

Try these numbers and see what you come up with.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks TFox, I might try cutting one down this weekend, and see how it tunes.

I have always had longer arrows, I think because I used to shoot a recurve and needed to keep the broadhead out in front of the riser, so it has just stuck in my mind as the way to have it on all bows.

I am hoping not to have to drop the point weight as I just bought a bunch of Slick Tricks and haven't had a chance to use them yet, but if need be I can replace them, and use these ones for the recurve I guess.