Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
release and impact point! >

release and impact point!

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

release and impact point!

Old 09-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default release and impact point!

I had asked about adding a kisser and some member answered my question but thought I would share this also! The reason I was adding the kisser was I was using a different release than last year.Last year it was a Patriot release and The Rev had gave me a Genisis Mag X to try.Last year I was shooting great groups with my cheaper release,I went to the Mag X and shot it great with field points when I went to make sure b/h's were shooting the anchor point was more critical with thumb release.The old Patriot my anchor was hard to miss for me(Knuckle right under ear lobe) the Gen.Mag X I didn't have that positive anchor that is needed with my hunting setup.I changed back to old release and shot b/h's and I am spot on out to 30 yards(far as I can shoot here at house) before I wasn't confident past 20 with the "better" release.I may still get the kisser put on for the extra anchor so I can feel confident with the Mag X release,sure would be nice using it when cold and able to just leave release clipped on! Most of the group already knew this trivia but thought I would share it out loud...oh yeah The Rev is the one that mentioned trying and the difference in anchors with different releases!
Old 09-10-2009, 06:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Think about it...You shoot a wrist release with your thumb pointing at your head, and you shoot the Mag X with the thumb pointing down ( the correct method).. there is going to be a different anchoring point on your head. It could be as small as 1/4 inch, but that will effect the fight. That's why I recommend you use a kisser to add another anchor point.

Now, quit whining like a little girl and go shoot your bow..
Old 09-10-2009, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

What are you yammering about the thumb pointing down as correct gramps? Never saw Tonto shoot his bow on tv with his pointing at dirt,and twisting the string loop can't be natural! Get back in assisted care and stay away from the computer.Told you I am still getting kisser button just for peace of mind...now leave me alone before I kick that walker out from in front of you! I have got use to the mag X and want to work with it and use it if possible.