Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 bowtech draw length ??? infinety cam >

bowtech draw length ??? infinety cam

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bowtech draw length ??? infinety cam

Old 05-19-2003, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bowtech draw length ??? infinety cam

That' s a great idea. I will do just that. Plus I can get down to the nitty gritty on this module issue.

I was wondering about the differences between the two bows, but draw length (I think) equals the distance between directly above the grip and the nocking point of the string at full draw. I don' t see how this can be different between similar grip/riser bows.
Plus my 29" draw reflex extreme also has my 28 3/8" arrows insert at the back edge of the riser when at full draw,just like my 29" mathews.
Old 05-19-2003, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

BT and DS modules are the same, BT' s were designated for the cam before the infinity cam, and DS was stamped on them for the infinity, but they are one and the same.
Old 05-20-2003, 12:06 AM

DaveC the way to measure the actual AMO draw length is to mark a point on your riser with a crayon{which will rub off} directly above the lowest point of your grip{furthest point from the string}. Then nock an arrow and draw the bow and have someone mark the arrow with the crayon directly across from the mark on the riser. Take the arrow and measure from the throat of the nock to the mark and then add 1 3/4 inches to get your true AMO draw length.
Old 05-20-2003, 07:49 AM

I agree with Walks.

If your 28.375 arrows are in the middle of your riser your amo draw is about 30.125 inches and over 1 inch long.
Old 05-20-2003, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yikes!!
I should have ordered a 30.25" bow to get what I normally shoot???
I normally wouldn' t be such a pain in the butt and so worried about this issue, but when come to full draw with a slight bend in my left elbow I can move the bow back and forth to my anchor and away from my anchor about a half inch.

Are the two of you saying when you order a bow it comes at AMO draw lengths?

I wish I could get another 1/2" without changing the 80% letoff.
The 30" module draws fine and allows me to anchor, but there' s NO creep. This could be a good indication it' s just too long for me at that point.

I still plan on calling bowtech, but I figured I' d give them time to open first.

BTW, a friend of mine came over yesterday so I could help him set up his extreme solo (scary isn' t it). That beast was shooting 375 grain arrows through the chrony at 295 WITH the hush kit installed. He was only pulling 66# to do so.

Old 05-20-2003, 12:44 PM

Are the two of you saying when you order a bow it comes at AMO draw lengths?
For the most part yes, but I have found many of them to be on the long side. Helps them achieve there IBO speeds.
And makes us buy all sorts of modules to get the right fit[X(]
Old 05-20-2003, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I' m glad that call was toll free, because it got me no-where.
Looks like I have to live with a draw length that feels a half inch too short.
I shot it some and felt like I could easily obtain accuracy with it (once my stuff comes in- was that the UPS man? another false call ).
The 30" draw module was so touchy at full draw I felt I had to hold it back extra hard against the wall or it would come foreward. And yes, the drawstop was moved to it' s correct location. But that' s ok, the tech I spoke with explained to me that the longer draw modules on the infinity cam are that way, gee now I feel better.
Shooting the mighty mite back to back with my 6 year old Z-light is not doing it any justice. It feels harder to pull at 65# than my z-light does at 67#.
hindsight is 20-20.

Oh but great news- I can get a half inch module for the mighty mite, the only trick is I have to buy a 2003 to do it- NOT!!

Don' t get me wrong, I' m still a happy camper, just not as happy as I normally am.