Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Bow string option >

Bow string option

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bow string option

Old 09-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bow string option

OK so here is the deal, i want new string and cables on my pse dream season. what brand would u guys recomind and like the most?
Old 09-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just put some Vapor Trails on my Browning. So far so good. Got a good price though Meanv archery...
Old 09-08-2009, 02:19 PM
bigcountry

It really doesn't matter all that much. Lots of quality makers out there. I like vaportrails, winner choice, the best.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

i was thinkin winners choice, but alot of the places around here recomend barracuda and zebra but idk if i like those or not
Old 09-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Typical Buck

WC or Vaportrail. Hard to beat VT's price.

Dan
Old 09-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BUCKMARK
I just put some Vapor Trails on my Browning. So far so good. Got a good price though Meanv archery...
X2! VT builds a nice set, and Dan's prices are really good.

Derek
Old 09-08-2009, 02:45 PM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by killzonearchery
i was thinkin winners choice, but alot of the places around here recomend barracuda and zebra but idk if i like those or not

Well, I need to go back then and restate my answer. Doesn't really matter as long as its not zebra. Its the one string I do not like.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

I just got some Vapor Trail strings from Dan (Meanv) I haven't even shot them in yet so I can't comment on the quality, always shot WC before, but the VT's seem to have a good rep and Dan is a great guy to deal with.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Zebra's aren't bad... but for a bow like a dream season.... you'd be better off with cudas.... given those choices... Barracudas are a very high quality string... thats what comes standard on the monsters and the newer and current production mathews bows.

Winner's Choice is about the only string I'll put on my bows anymore. I've messed with lots of different company's and in my opinion WC's are worth the extra money.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

To be honest I would steer completely clear of any shop that recommends Zebra or Barracuda. They are probably Mathews dealers pushing Mathews products or they are just pushing what they have in stock.

As mentioned, Vapor Trail, H&M, Bucknasty, Stone Mountain, Prostrings are all good. There are tons of others, too. Winner's Choice are pretty much the innovator of prestretched strings and they are good, but the others I mentioned are just as good at a lot less money.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.