Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Bowtech Guardian 30 in Draw Module ? >

Bowtech Guardian 30 in Draw Module ?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bowtech Guardian 30 in Draw Module ?

Old 09-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Spike

Default Bowtech Guardian 30 in Draw Module ?

I am looking to lengthen the draw on my 08 guardian.
When I bought the bow last year the 29 inch draw felt fine.

Now that I have shot my friends guardian set with a 30 inch draw My accuracy improved enough that I want to make the change.

What is the draw module number for the 30 inch draw?
The mods currently on the bow are marked CP2.

I don't think I will make the change this close to the season but want to find the correct mods and get them ordered.

Would the string and cables need to be changed too?

Also any thoughts on adding a release loop to my string. Would that help add a bit to my draw until I can get the mods changed.

Thanks
Old 09-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by longbeard_chaser
I am looking to lengthen the draw on my 08 guardian.
When I bought the bow last year the 29 inch draw felt fine.

Now that I have shot my friends guardian set with a 30 inch draw My accuracy improved enough that I want to make the change.

What is the draw module number for the 30 inch draw?
The mods currently on the bow are marked CP2.

I don't think I will make the change this close to the season but want to find the correct mods and get them ordered.

Would the string and cables need to be changed too?

Also any thoughts on adding a release loop to my string. Would that help add a bit to my draw until I can get the mods changed.

Thanks
Deff add a release loop. you will like it much more. there is a thread on how to tie them stickied
and go to your proshop or show a picture of you at full draw here, I would'nt go switchin' draw mods until you had you DL measured properly.
If it does happen your draw was too short, you wont need a new string or anything, just some adjustments
Old 09-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

It should be a CP1 and definately go with a d loop. Was your buddies setup with a d loop? If so, then I would do just the same. If his didnt, then get a 29.5" module, and then add a .5" loop. I believe 29.5 would be CP1.5
Old 12-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Spike

I think what BE was trying to say is that because you have a GUARDIAN and not an ALLEGIANCE the let off is fixed at 80%. Bowtech are producing some caps that screw onto the end of the module to give 65%. We have 1 pair here of prototype caps and they work well, but they are are not readily available.
Your bow is 26.5" on a CP4.5 module, if you went for the 65% caps when they are available, you'll probably lose about 1/4"