Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
I dont know whats wrong???? >

I dont know whats wrong????

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

I dont know whats wrong????

Old 08-31-2009, 07:02 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BGfisher
What these guys said. Remember, poundage is just a number and what is necessary is not always what our testoterone level thinks.

Whether you can draw 70# easily is not an issue. It's just not necessary for anything you going to hunt here. Now it seems your bow may be being over-clocked. The increase in poundage is probably more than being offset by a reduction in efficiency due to internal friction and other things. So now you may be just drawing excess poundage for naught.
Yup, and further i gained a gew FPS when i Tillered my bow, and that took it down to 66 lbs from 70 on the money.
and its more accurate than when it was cranked down.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:14 PM
Spike

I took it to the bow shop this morning. He took a .5" out of the draw length, and he said it looked much better. When I described it to him, he said it sounded like the draw length was to long, thats why it was pulling a little bit. It felt better afterwards, so thats definetely a good thing.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by usahoe18
I took it to the bow shop this morning. He took a .5" out of the draw length, and he said it looked much better. When I described it to him, he said it sounded like the draw length was to long, thats why it was pulling a little bit. It felt better afterwards, so thats definetely a good thing.
Heck yeah.. a bow that is even just a bit long in the draw is a real mother to try and tune. Glad you are moving along in the right direction my man.