Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
arrow rest mole skin???????? >

arrow rest mole skin????????

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

arrow rest mole skin????????

Old 08-30-2009, 04:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default arrow rest mole skin????????

I installed a drop away rest last year at the end of season. I put the moleskin on the rest as best as I could but it had a bunch of the material gathered up where the arrow lays when at full draw. While practicing this week, I removed the mole skin and my groupings are a lot better. Now lies the problem of the noise that the arrow sliding on the raw metal makes. Any one know of a better way to silence this noise other than the moleskin? Do I need to get more skin and try cutting narrow strips to glue on the rest instead of trying to make one cut cover the whole thing? Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.
Thanks,
Chris
Old 08-30-2009, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

The MS that came with my rest had slits cut in to prevent that.Try cutting the MS into narrow strips and work around a little at a time butting one piece to the next.