Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
tuning 2000 razortech xt >

tuning 2000 razortech xt

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

tuning 2000 razortech xt

Old 08-24-2009, 08:23 PM
Spike

Default tuning 2000 razortech xt

Does anyone have the specs on this bow? and also how to time cams?
I have a friend that is having problems with fishtailing and he cant get his broad heads to shoot with fiel points.
before I start I would like to be sure that all specs are correct and cam timing is on.
He is shooting 65 lbs,arrows cut at 28.5(xt hunter 5575)draw length is 29.
I only have experience with my bowtechs so any help would be appreciated.
THANK YOU!!

MARK
Old 08-24-2009, 11:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

According to Hoyt, the first year they made the RazorTec was 2003.

Here is the tune chart:

http://www.hoyt.com/assets/tune_char...0_2003_New.pdf

Getting the cam timing correct is a matter of twisting the cables. You are going to have to creep tune the bow..... Put twists into the cable whose cam rolls over first (assuming your poundage is maxed out but not hitting spec). If you are hitting max weight.... untwist the cable whose cam is NOT rolling over first. I like to take out or put in no more than four turns at a time before rechecking the timing.

If your timing is good, but your ATA is long and BH low... you need to twist the string, buss and control cables all three.

If the bow is a 70# peak weight.... don't fret if it maxs out at 73#s or so.... you have to account for the weight of the bow on the scale also (assuming you are using a vertical spring scale).
Old 08-25-2009, 07:21 PM
Spike

Thanks Swamp Collie,that was exactly what I needed.Got the bow shooting good after timing,getting the right arrow,and shorting his draw length.It suprises me what some people call a pro shop.I dont know very much about setting up anything exept bowtechs(no expert there either,but get it done)but this bow was set up at a shop and was not even close.any way- thanks to the help on this board it seems that any thing can be fixed!

mark
Old 08-25-2009, 10:31 PM
Spike

Just saw this, SC to the rescue.

Only thing that I can add is that the name/title is out of sequence.

The bow is a Hoyt RazorTec XT 2000

RazorTec refers to the style of bow. XT 2000 means it came with the top of the line laminated carbon fiber limbs.

By the way, once this bow is tuned and allowed to stretch out the cables/string they are one of the most dependable, worry free bows I have ever seen. That is one just like it propped up on the hog to the left.
I still can't figure out why Hoyt messed with the grip. They definitely went backward IMO.

Good Luck to your friend.

Last edited by dryridge2; 08-25-2009 at 10:33 PM.