Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Will peeps that split the string 3 ways creep? >

Will peeps that split the string 3 ways creep?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Will peeps that split the string 3 ways creep?

Old 08-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default Will peeps that split the string 3 ways creep?

I would really like to get away from a tubeless peep. But with my current string I don't trust a peep that splits the string two ways because I'm afraid it won't stay lined up. Does it matter for the peeps that split it 3 ways if the string creeps a little or because of the design will it work regardless of how my string is rotated. Does anyone have any experience with these types of peeps?
Old 08-17-2009, 03:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

The ones that split 3 ways do not come square to the eye when at full draw.They have no angle to them like the fletcher.

Basically,you end up looking through half a hole at full draw,I have about a half dozen that I have removed over the years.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:21 PM
Spike

I personally just never used a peep to hunt with because of the chance that it wouldn't come around or tube would break or it would be too dark in the deep hardwood mountains I hunted.

However, If I were to use one it would be the 3 or new 4 way splits. Drill them out big or buy a big one. They will not be effected by creep to any significant degree.

TFox is correct you will not see a perfectly round hole but to my eye that never really mattered. I shot one in one of the biggest 3D IBO shoots of the time back in my pro days and I never felt at all handicapped. It didn't look as "professional" in there as the TruPeep's but I am all about function.

Try one, you'll like it much better than 2 strand or "tru peep".
Old 08-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just had one installed (never used a peep before) along with a new sight and my groups have never been tighter...
Old 08-17-2009, 06:19 PM
bigcountry

If a bow is shot in around 100 shots with 450 or 452 or even winners choice or vaportrail strings, you won't have to worry about it. And the ones that split a string 3 ways suck bad. String is always in your way.

Ever since I started shooting bows with newer materials, my peep stays put. I might have to turn the string 1/2 a turn once a year.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Spike

In my experience (which is limited) the 3 string peep always has a string in the way. I am constantly having to rotate my string to get a decent view. I have been looking at the G5 Meta Peeps. Anyone have experience with these?
Old 08-18-2009, 05:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

The 3 way peep is, IMO, one of the worst designed peep sights ever made. One of the stands is always in the way. I would much rather deal with the rubber tube than a 3 way peep sight.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:19 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by ruler7171
In my experience (which is limited) the 3 string peep always has a string in the way. I am constantly having to rotate my string to get a decent view. I have been looking at the G5 Meta Peeps. Anyone have experience with these?
I use a G5 Meta peep and i love it. i had a tube peep but after the tube broke a few times i switched. u get a perfect circle with the G5 Meta peep.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:05 AM
Typical Buck

I am using the 3-way shurz-a-peep on two different bows . No problem .
It's the only 3-way I have ever tried ! ...
Old 08-22-2009, 03:38 AM
Spike

I have the 3 way peep on my bow and the only problem i have discovered is when im in direct sunlight (ie standing in a field) the sun hits the brown colored string (i am shooting a parker balckhawk with a black and brown bowstring) which causes a glare of sorts and it is definitey a lot harder to see the target. Its not very comforting when you come to full draw and cannot see a 3d rineheart target 35 yards away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.