Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Loose Grip Help Please >

Loose Grip Help Please

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Loose Grip Help Please

Old 08-14-2009, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default Loose Grip Help Please

I have a Mathews DXT I bought last april and recently I noticed my grip seems to be loose. Not loose were it is going to fall off but just a little bit lose and it is making a soft popping noise when I grip the bow. There is no screws to tighten so it must glued on or with some kind of adhesive tape. Does any one know how to tighten it back up again. I also have a Mathews LX and the grip on it is rock solid. I emailed Mathews but I haven't got a response yet. I was just thinking of taking to the pro shop but i dont know the grip becoming loose is covered under the warranty.
Any help I would be greatly thankful for.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:44 PM
Spike

Lx this happened with my buddy's DXT. all he did was put a few layers of duct tape on the riser where the grip slides on and that tightened it up for him. just use a few small strips until u get it where it's tight.

HTH.

Last edited by phirstaide; 08-14-2009 at 04:45 PM. Reason: forgot the word tape after duct.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

Another reason I don't use grips.. That is the first thing I take off my bows. I use tennis racket wraps on the riser.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

How exactly do I take the grip off and do I need any thing other than the duct tape to put it back on
Old 08-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Lx lungbuster7
How exactly do I take the grip off and do I need any thing other than the duct tape to put it back on
If it doesn't have a screw, use a blow dryer to loosen up the double back tape used for the adhesive. Get some good double back tape to re-install.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yea that was another crappy design by mathews.