Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Darton Avalanche Extreme >

Darton Avalanche Extreme

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Darton Avalanche Extreme

Old 05-12-2003, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Darton Avalanche Extreme

Has anyone shot one of these bows? We' ve all heard about the Hoyt and Bowtech new bows, and some about the Mathews LX, but I' ve heard almost nothing about the Avalanche. Has anyone tried them or bought one?
Old 05-12-2003, 08:39 PM

Default RE: Darton Avalanche Extreme

Joe:

I could answer this question; but, that might not be considered unbiased by many because I' m a Darton Dealer.
Old 05-12-2003, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have not shot one yet, but I did shoot in a group this weekend with a guy who was shooting a brand new one. It was quiet, fast, and pretty darn accurate.
Old 05-12-2003, 11:42 PM

Come on Len! Let us know what you think We know you will tell the truth[:-]
Old 05-13-2003, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Come on Len , tell what you think . Its not like you own the company [8D] , Of course that does' nt stop some others [] . Allso coment on the 330 fps darton rumor . Are they coming out with something new in the near future ?
Old 05-13-2003, 07:34 AM

My customers have found the Avalanche to be an exceptional bow. Those who have shot it against other bows of the same ATA/style, have been amazed at its performance, quietness, and very low shock/vibration. You can put it up against its competitors any day. I stopped shooting the one I set up for the basic fact that it was right-handed and I' m now shooting left-handed. I' ve been tempted on getting one in left-handed, but I' m waiting for something new, as someone eluded.

They are working on a new bow. It will be a little faster than the Maverick, have a 7" BH, 38" ATA. The probable speed will be around 317-318 fps. That is enough to get it right in there with the other ' speed' bows on the market (since most of them REALLY don' t quite tell the truth - try 20+ fps off). This bow, however, may not make it to the shops until 2004.
Old 05-13-2003, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

Len, i was wondering if i could get your opinion on the magnum ext., i can' t make up my mind between the avalanche or the magnum.
I would apprieciate some input, right now iam shooting a razortec, and love this bow, but i always liked dartons and have been looking into buying one.
Thanks
Old 05-16-2003, 11:52 AM
Spike

Joe:

I just ordered the Avalanche Extreme and can' t wait to set it up and shoot it. I recently test shot the Magnum Extreme (pretty much the same bow, just shorter ATA and brace height) and fell in love with what Darton has done with the C/P/S Extreme cams. The draw cycle is consistent and smooth, solid wall, very little after-shot vibration, and very quiet (I test shot the Magnum without string silencers or limbsavers, too). You can also dial in the drawlength of your bow to an 1/8th of an inch (with the right modules) without messing up your draw weight.

My hunting setup for Eastern whitetails will be: 60-62 lbs. draw wgt., 28 3/4" drawlength, string loop, NAP Quik Tune 3000 Micro Rest, Beman ICS 400 4 in. vanes, Rocky Mtn. Revolution 100 gr. broadheads, Trufire Hurricane release.

I had considered Matthews, Hoyt, and Reflex but for the money and performance I truly believe I made the right choice! Drop me an email, I' m curious to see how you are making out with your new bow and what your hutting setup will be for the fall.
Old 05-16-2003, 01:44 PM

Brian:

Even though the Magnum Extreme is a superb short ATA bow which is VERY fast, it may not be the bow for you. What is your wingspan measurement?
Old 05-18-2003, 05:22 AM
Fork Horn

Len, iam a 28" draw, i did check out the avalanche, it was a nice bow, but i like the lighter weight of the magnum.
There are things i like about both bows, i guess i will have to shoot them both and see. my wingspan is approx.64"

Quick Reply: Darton Avalanche Extreme

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.