Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Peep alignment problems >

Peep alignment problems

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Peep alignment problems

Old 08-05-2009, 07:28 AM
Spike

Default Peep alignment problems

I replaced my old peep with a new G5 peep that does not use a rubber cord hooked to the cable. The new peep does not give me a perfect clear view of the sight. It needs to come to the left a little. If I move my D-loop to the right it seems to fix it for a shot or two but ends up being off again. How can I fix this problem?
Old 08-05-2009, 08:05 AM
bigcountry

Put in a press, and turn the string 1/2 turn to correct. Or in some cases 1 whole turn.

Also, make sure the bow you shooting has some modern no creep material for the string. Zebra twist is bad for creeping. Vaportrails are good, anything with 450 or 452, or prestretched 8125 like winners choice. Fastflight will creep over time.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

I installed a Shurz-a-peep and had the same problem . I pulled the string back with my fingers but when I did this , I rolled the string in the direction I needed to move it and let the string down easy (without rolling) . It worked for me ..............
Old 08-05-2009, 07:10 PM

I had the same problem last year when I switched to a tubeless peep. i was able to correct it by pressing the bow and then actually moving a few individual strands of the string to the other side of the peep. It took a couple of tries before I got it just right.