Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
changed rest now problems >

changed rest now problems

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

changed rest now problems

Old 08-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Spike

Default changed rest now problems

I have shot Whisker biscuit for 3 years now. Everything had been perfect. Was getting alittle worn out so i upgraded to the whisker pro. Paper tuned and every thing was good. Go to shoot and i moved my site as far left as i can and it is still 4 inches left. What things can i do to fix it. Can't move the site anymore. It is a G5 site. Can i move the rest a little or what??

Thanks
Old 08-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

At what range are you shooting?

I don't paper tune for exactly the reason that you are describing. Sometimes in order to get a perfect tear, you have to funk your bow up so bad that you run into issues like yours. Re-set your center shot by walk-back tuning and I think you'll find you have plenty of adjustment.

Additionally, I am also assuming you are shooting a peep sight. I do know of a few folks who shoot either hindsights or just kissers and have some bigtime sight adjustment issues. If you are shooting a peep right behind your arrow then you should have no problems at all.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Spike

the bow shop paper tuned at about 2 yards i guess. The 4 inches to the left was at 20 yards, a lot more to left at 30 yards. I don't know if this was good or not, but i moved my rest over 1/16th of an inch and the arrows still look like they fly straight and it moved them hitting an inch to the right of bulls eye and then i adjusted sight accordingly. Don't know if it was the proper things to do but it seems to be shooting ok.

What else should i have done to check it.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Spike

Joshhuff, how are your groups now?

Lesson Learned. Don't let someone else papertune YOUR bow. You should always be the one shooting even if someone else is tweaking.

You asked what else you could do to check...you were doing it, walkback tuning.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not a fan of papertuning either. And gave up on about 12-15 years ago. Get alot of goofy/false readings- About the only thing it's good for is determining really quickly if you've got a weak spined arrow.

Level the bow in a bow-vise, level the nock point, level the rest on the bow, laser the centershot (or set to manufacturers reccomended spec), and get the drop time correct (for a dropaway) and with a well designed cam system/riser and an approriate spined arrow 95 times out of 100, the arrow flight will be on the money, unless the shooter is torquing/has a incorrect draw length causing alignment issues.

If need be, then group tune the bow at longer ranges to micro dial it in.
Old 08-06-2009, 05:57 AM
bigcountry

Here's what you do. Move your rest back to center point. You can even eyeball it by nocking an arrow. Sight the bow in. Put on some BH's and BH tune the bow. Adjust your arrows accordingly. In other words, if too weak, cut your arrows, if too stiff, add weight to the tip, etc.

Paper tuning is not for everyone.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with BigCountry . I think your CenterShot is off and the rest needs to be adjusted ........