Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Bow is loud after changing arrows? Need advice. >

Bow is loud after changing arrows? Need advice.

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Bow is loud after changing arrows? Need advice.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Spike

Question Bow is loud after changing arrows? Need advice.

I was setup with some arrows at Dick's, Easton xx75 2216's @30". I am new to archery after talking to my local outfitter, my arrows were way too long and way too heavy for my setup. I bought some carbon Easton Flatline DOA's 340 that were cut to 27 1/2". My consistency and grouping were improved SIGNIFICANTLY. I am nailing very tight groupings. However, my bow seems really loud now. I have not had anything put on my bow yet that is aimed at making it quieter. I figured you guys would know what I should do.

Bear Lights Out
29" draw @ 65lbs
27 1/2" Easton Flatline DOA .340 with 100gr tips
Old 07-24-2009, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lighter arrows will be noisier, but you should double check that all of the bows screws are tight. If you just tap your bow with a knuckle you might hear a slight buzz near a loose screw. Another thing to check is the string suppressor, is it touching the string? Some people adjust theirs so that there is a slight gap between it and the string, I adjust mine so that it just touches.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

I would not worry about the arrows,I would get a limbsavers silenceing kit to put on my bow mine was doing that until I bought one for it.It is very quiet now.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Fork Horn

Heavier arrows do an excellent job of quieting your bow. Lighter arrows are nice for speed, but can be pretty loud. You can try adding some cat whiskers to your string to quieten it down. They do a nice job with losing much speed.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

A lighter arrow is going to be loud because you dont have the resistance there. If your shooting straight, and there are no tuning issues and nothing is lose, I wouldnt worry to much about it. Add some limbsavers, string leaches, etc and see if that helps reduce some noise, You are not going to totally eliminate the noise. And by the time a deer would hear the shot the arrow is already in it so dont lose any sleep over it until you know for sure, if deer start ducking or jumping the string then you may want to check into a bit more but I dont think youll have to worry too much about it.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:57 AM
8mm
Typical Buck

get a STS an puton there i have a 31in draw an my bow was loud i put a sts on there an u canhardly hear it now