Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

PSE NOVA

Old 06-24-2009, 08:12 PM
Spike

Default PSE NOVA

I am new to archery and bought a pse nova at 64lb draw and 28 in draw length. i have bow jax sting silencers, limb saver damper. Does anyone have any suggestions on how else i can quiet my bow down, also what are some not so expensive arrows that a beginner on a bugdet can afford?
Old 06-25-2009, 03:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PSE NOVA

The Goldtip XT Hunter's areexcellent for the $.
A stabilizer will help with noise/vibration.
Make sure all of your fasteners are tight.

Your own bow always sounds louder than everyone else's. Maybe have a buddy shoot it and listen. It might help to pinpoint noisy areas and it might make you feel better about how loud it is.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:41 AM
Spike

thanks for the advice, i do have a limb saver stabilizer. i will get with a buddy though and see what he says. thanks again.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had that bow years back... was shooting beman ICS hunter arrows.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Western MA Hunter

I had that bow years back... was shooting beman ICS hunter arrows.
It was my 1st real compound! Killed my 1st deer with it at 45#'s.

Derek
Old 07-03-2009, 06:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree on the stabilizer suggestion. Provided you choose an effective one it should make some difference with the noise level.

However, the reason any bow generates a specific noise level is because of the amount of energy left over after the arrow is released from the bow. To quote an old friend from here..."heavier arrows will absorb more energy and therefore will create a quieter shot." The problem with this scenario is that everyone wants to shoot lighter arrows to get the most speed and the flattest trajectory. To balance these two issues out consider a compromise. Look for arrows that weigh at least 6 and preferrably 7 grains per pound of draw weight. That should help reduce your noise level, increase your accuracy and still get you a flat enough trajectory for ranges that most bowhunting shots are taken at.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

An even less expensive arrow is the Gold Tip Expedition, 5575 for you. They're the same as the XT, but with less tight tolerances. Possibly $20 cheaper depending on where you buy them.

As for the noise issue? Try holding the bow and tapping it on the side of the riser with the palm of your hand. Try to isolate and vibration. Go over every nut, bolt, and screw on the bow and the accessories to make sure nothing is vibrating loose. If necessary throw some Catwhiskers on the cables and see if it helps. They're cheap and won't slow the bow down if on the cables.

Shooting with a quiver? Take it off and see if this helps. Many quivers are notorious for rattling. Add Limb Savers to the limbs if you don't already have them.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:23 PM
Spike

I got a Nova. Got first deer with it last year. Shoots great!
Old 07-16-2009, 04:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Nova never was a real quiet bow especially the wheel cam system ones. I have one that never let me down until last year. Of course mine was used for 8-9 years pretty heavilly. I just bought a new 2009 PSE Stinger NI. What bow. The Nova is agreat bow to start out with and no doubt if taken care of it will give you years of fun.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

If I were you I would get the ICS HUNTERS to they shoot great .

Quick Reply: PSE NOVA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.