Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Dozen under $100? >

Dozen under $100?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Dozen under $100?

Old 06-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Dozen under $100?

I have been looking for some arrows under a 100 for a dozen and any price there under. I have been looking at the Gold Tips but was wondering what you think "may be" the best arrows for my set up? This is strictly for hunting in the fall.

Arrow legnth......28.5 inches
Draw...........29 inches
Pounds.......70
100 grain
Old 06-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Dozen under $100?

I think you're on the right track with Gold Tip.In my opinion, you can't beat them for the price. The XT Hunters are well under $100 so you can buy a few broadheads with what you've got left over. With your setup you could either go with the 5575 or the 7595.

Personally, I used the 7595 last season w/ a 125 grain broadheads. It was a little on the heavy side, but my bow shot great. I'm going to give the 5575 with 100 grain heads this year to pick up a little speed.

In short, I don't think you can get a better arrow for the $ than Gold Tip.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

i've had good luck with the Beman Realtree MFX arrows and i pay right at $100 a dozen for them.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take a look at the Easton ST Excel's. I think a dozen shafts are right around $60-$75 depending on where you get them. They fly great out of my setup.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been extremely impressed with the Easton ST Epics (new N-fused version) I picked up recently. Pretty tight tolerances on mine- tighter than any Goldtip XTs I've tested or owned.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you haven't heard of Lancaster Archery Supply then I'd suggest you check out some of the arrows they have in their catalog. They don't have them all, but do have a very good listing. There are lots of arrows that would fit your application and pocketbook. And frankly there isn't that much difference between most of them as far as durability and quality within a certain price range.

What you want to consider is getting the proper spine and whether you want a heavy arrow for hunting, light arrow for speed, or something in between. If you are thinking of getting into serious #d or target competition then high end arrows are better. If for hunting and occasional 3D then middle of the road is the best way to go. To that end there are many arrows within a range of about $60-$90/doz.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

i've been very impressed with the trophy ridge arrow samples I got in the mail. I'm buying a dozen of them when I need more arrows.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot the GT Pro Hunters for a few years and decided to try Easton ST Axis this year. Had to try the Slim technology and to be honest, they are not as straight per dozen as the GT's with basically the same +/-. I'll see how they are after I've built a dozen but will probably be switching back to the GT's for a little less money and less worries about straightness.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Typical Buck

IMHO, the best value for the dollar in arrows are the Cabela's Stalker Extremes. $70 a dozen fletched with Blazers. They are Beman ICS Hunter shafts +/- .003 straightness factor and weight matched 1.5 grains per dozen. Killer deal.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

I get to try out lots of arrows every year from Easton, Gold tip, Carbon Express, Beman, and Victory. The very best arrows I have found for the money are Carbon Express Terminator Selects. They are very consistent from one shaft to the next, Straight, Incredibly tough, and come in under a hundred bucks for a dozen. I don't think there is a better shaft on the market in this price range.

Quick Reply: Dozen under $100?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.