Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Time for some bragging >

Time for some bragging

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Time for some bragging

Old 05-20-2009, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Time for some bragging

Though technically not bragging for myself. I've known this for over a month but couldn't spill the beans until now.

My friends at Flying Arrow Sports, the local shop I have dealt with/gone to ever since I was lucky enough to find them was awarded Archery Business Magazine's coveted Dealer of the Year award for 2009. The criteria for the award is based on feedback from Manufacturers, Distributors, as well as retail customers. The fact that in the past 5 years they have added 3 more locations in the state I guess is proof that they are doing something right

anyhoo, I won't post any links as I don't want to be accused of SPAMMING the boards- I'm just really proud that I can call the shop "home" and call these guys my friends

Old 05-21-2009, 04:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Time for some bragging

Hey Jeff, how ya doin' bro? Been off here for a while doing the new baby thing and haven't posted much.

Thats awesome news on your shop. I knew from just reading your post and visiting their site that they're a class act and a great shop. It's nice to have a great shop close by. I'm fortunate to have one as well. The guys there are great people and know their stuff.

Congrats to your shop!
Old 05-21-2009, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Time for some bragging

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

Hey Jeff, how ya doin' bro? Been off here for a while doing the new baby thing and haven't posted much.

Thats awesome news on your shop. I knew from just reading your post and visiting their site that they're a class act and a great shop. It's nice to have a great shop close by. I'm fortunate to have one as well. The guys there are great people and know their stuff.

Congrats to your shop!
Doing well Chris! I know how ya feel- when my son was born, I disappeared off face of the earth for a few months! Hope, you ,mom, and baby are all doing great!

and Thanks for the kudos on the shop. I started going to the shop when I moved to New England in 1997- at the time it was owned by this real jerk, and under a different name- and while he had great inventory, I only went there as a last resort because of the 'tude. In 2001 or so Mike (who was a partner in the original shop with the jerk in the early 90s and sold off his half because he couldn't deal with the jerk either) and Tommy bought the place out and turned into FAS. It's a pretty cool story. They are not the cheapest, but they have great service, and know their stuff (bow-wise, and business wise)