Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 NEVER USED A PEEP WITHOUT BUNGEE >

NEVER USED A PEEP WITHOUT BUNGEE

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

NEVER USED A PEEP WITHOUT BUNGEE

Old 05-20-2009, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NEVER USED A PEEP WITHOUT BUNGEE

I think the key to having a tubeless peep not rotate on you in the field is keeping it from twisting right from the get go.

The manner in which you nock your arrow is going to dicate whether you'll have issues or not.

You need to ensure that you lay your arrow in your rest FIRST, and the nock the arrow. You are going to establish flat spots on your string where you nock your arrow, and after about 50 arrows or so, they are there and set. Guys who use whisket buscuits love to nock the arrow and then rotate it down and into the quick shot slot.... and that is a big time no-no with a tubeless peep.

And FWIW... I've been using tubeless peeps for the past 5 seasons with zero issues.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:26 AM

ok... you guys are starting to convince me now...

Where can I get some of that BCY loop material if its that good.... may as well get the best... What is that stuff anyway ?
Old 05-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

I like the RAD Maxim 38 peep with Micro Tubing, tried various other stuff, Fletcher, No Peep, String Splitter, etc. Even top quality strings will wear over time and the peep will turn slightly. Not a chance i'm willing to take. The Micro Tubing is not 'loud' as some complain about standardpeep tubing and very little fps is lost at least not on my setup. If your shooting a high speed rig it maybe be an issue. Many complain about breakage of the rubber tubing. If you use the newer silicon stuff and change every couple years I don't see that happening. At least it hasn't happened to me and i've been bowhunting for over 20 years.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: eightwgt

ok... you guys are starting to convince me now...

Where can I get some of that BCY loop material if its that good.... may as well get the best... What is that stuff anyway ?
Check out this listing. Five feet of material for $3.95. You can choose the color, even get different combinations that total 5'.

http://cgi.ebay.com/5-BCY-string-loop-release-string-d-loop-material_W0QQitemZ150345507251QQcmdZViewItemQQptZL H_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item23014a61b3&_trksid= p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A 1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
Old 05-29-2009, 03:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kwilson16

Yeah. Ditch the tube. You'll never look back.
Ill second that
Old 05-30-2009, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

The strings on the new diamonds are great! they changed the manufacturing a bit in the past coupla years i think. but you should be Good to go with a g5 meta. its a great peep. I put one on my Bow much to my chagrin... (shot peepless for so long, darn short axle bows) and it has performed great
Old 05-31-2009, 02:38 AM
Typical Buck

String material and quality isn't the only factor. Bow setup is also an issue. Guys that set my tribute up have it all hosed up. I have rotation problems (not to mention they had the dropway they installed timed all wrong).... not the strings fault, not the peeps fault, it was the techs fault...... He told me the sting would "learn" the new position with "coachin" from me (constantly rotating it to the right position. Just because they work in a shop doesn't mean they are gods of archery.

Hopefully I'm getting this corrected this month when i have Spot-On Archery make me a sting and tune up the bow.

If the peep is installed properly on good equipment you'll never have an issue.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:44 AM

Well I need help !! I got my bow, and my peep is twisted and thats what I was told - to "train it"... Im going to end up putting a bungee on it because I do not know how to install it

Can anyone tell me the PROPER way to install the peep so it will not twist ??
Old 06-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to use a tube but hated it. Stretching a rubber band thats pointed right at my eye didn't seem too smart. Since ditching the tube I have had zero issues and will never use one again.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just switched to a regular peep when I bought my Iceman. I'm glad I did. Lot less hassle.

Quick Reply: NEVER USED A PEEP WITHOUT BUNGEE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.