Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

best arrows???

Old 04-27-2009, 11:39 AM
Typical Buck

Default best arrows???

ok guys can someone help me work out the best arrow setup
im shooting
diamond marquis at 70 pounds
29 inch arrow
125 grain points
blazers

currently im shooting 29 inch carbon 300 but i want to shorten them an inch so what is the best setup please
Old 04-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: best arrows???

ORIGINAL: ozbowhunter

ok guys can someone help me work out the best arrow setup
im shooting
diamond marquis at 70 pounds
28 inch arrow
125 grain points
blazers

currently im shooting 29 inch carbon 300 but i want to shorten them an inch so what is the best setup please
Why shorten them??? With your set-up your on the border between where you can go with a 340 or 400 spine arrow. If you opt for a 400 spine arrow, you're probably better at 28" or so, if you use a 340, keep the length, maybe even an extra half inch 29.5" and put a 125 out front.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Typical Buck

i want to try to get a bit more speed currently with this setup im getting a dissapointing 275 fps my aim is to get a flatter flight to try to bring my pins a bit closer for competition shooting so is there a better setup for this ???? to help with trajectory
Old 04-28-2009, 02:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

i want to try to get a bit more speed currently with this setup im getting a dissapointing 275 fps my aim is to get a flatter flight to try to bring my pins a bit closer for competition shooting so is there a better setup for this ???? to help with trajectory
If you are wanting to pick up speed. The best 2 options IMO are the CX Maximas and the CT Cheetahs.

Honestly though any change in trajectory will be very minimal and in reality I doubt it would be worth it. 275fps is a very respectable speed for a hunting setup. Just my .02

Dan
Old 04-28-2009, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mark,
If you really want to try to drop weight a little, for that extra speed, there are a couple options. CX Linejammer in a 250 Series @ 27.5" with a 125 gr tip would give you a near perfect spine weighing in at 370-ish grains, and you'd have a great 11.8% FOC, or an Easton Fatboy in the 400 series set-up the same looks to go about 375, and if you're talking target shooting specifically, it would likely be a better choice with that larger shaft diameter.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

If you are wanting to pick up speed. The best 2 options IMO are the CX Maximas and the CT Cheetahs.

Honestly though any change in trajectory will be very minimal and in reality I doubt it would be worth it. 275fps is a very respectable speed for a hunting setup. Just my .02

Dan
Agreed. He can also switch from blazers to feathers which will up his FOC and decrease weight by about 12 grains. Still probably not enough to really affect trajectory.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Dan
Agreed. He can also switch from blazers to feathers which will up his FOC and decrease weight by about 12 grains. Still probably not enough to really affect trajectory.
Yep! may not affect trajectory that much, but you gotta Love them feathers!

Dan

Old 04-30-2009, 02:13 AM
Typical Buck

thanks for your input guys i have looked into this a bit more and got my self some software programs so if you guys could again help me with a question i have lookedon the easton site at there shat selector and it tells me tha tthere
st epic n fused 400 shafts are good to use in my setup
yet the software program ontarget2 tells me there to weak and 300 are to stiff
so i should use 340 at 29 inch does this sound right to you guys ??
thanks in advance
im now just trying to get the best setup and not to worried about speed etc
Old 04-30-2009, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

thanks for your input guys i have looked into this a bit more and got my self some software programs so if you guys could again help me with a question i have lookedon the easton site at there shat selector and it tells me tha tthere
st epic n fused 400 shafts are good to use in my setup
yet the software program ontarget2 tells me there to weak and 300 are to stiff
so i should use 340 at 29 inch does this sound right to you guys ??
thanks in advance
im now just trying to get the best setup and not to worried about speed etc
This sounds exactly right. Personally I would never recommend a 400 spine for your setup. They might work, but for most people they won't. About 65# would be tops IMO. You do some looking at what arrows are available. You can find several 340 spined arrows that are light enough for you to gain speed.