Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 bows on ebay and draw lenght? >

bows on ebay and draw lenght?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

bows on ebay and draw lenght?

Old 04-27-2009, 06:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default bows on ebay and draw lenght?

I got a 28 inch draw but I see alot of bows on e-bay with 29 inch...been looking at high country bows..in fact I just bought one that s set up for 28 inch, but read 28-30..I'm going to get one for my son....are most of these bows adjustable ? last bow I got was in1988 a ben pearson renagade(new)...I still got it21 years later...214 feet per sec....I quess I've fallen out of times
Old 04-27-2009, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: bows on ebay and draw lenght?

Depends entirely on the indvidual bow design- some may have a module that rotates through several lengths, some will need to have a set of modules for each draw length, some use a set of modules and have 2 different "base" size cams, and some cams are built to an exact draw length and new cam/s , some will need cams, string/cables and possibly limbs (in order to keep poundage the same)

Ebay bows can turn into a real nightmare if you are not well versed in the particular bow model you are looking at and how true the draw length runs.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:39 AM
Typical Buck

jeff thanks, I got a
HCA HIGH COUNTRY POWER FORCE X1 70# COMPOUND BOW VNC. 65.00 shipped for a 100.00 I remember them being nice The year after I got mine...I'll have to find out my son's draw lenght and just stick to buying his size...hate to say it I forgot alot of stuff
Old 04-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

stripercrazy:

The other thing about ebay is that way too many sellers mis-state the draw length of the bows they have. I often see bows that had draw length specific cams, or cams that had 1" of draw length adjustment claim to be 28-30 or 27-30. Others just show the factory specs for the model, giving all the draw lengths and weights available in that model, and never specify what draw weight and length of the actual bow that is for sale. I guess they are trying to widen the appeal, and let anyone with a draw that doesn't match just deal with the problem post sale.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:21 AM
Typical Buck

joe, thanks.I'm crossing my fingers...I looked up a hcadealer in mass about 50 mins from my house, just in case...looking into the sellers history I'm sure your right...he sells all different stuff...