Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

new drop away

Old 04-08-2009, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new drop away

I shot a 5 grain per intch arrow and i doubt it. I have shot the monster with a 5 grain per inch arrow and it still did not shot that fast. So id have to see it to believe it
Old 04-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: killzonearchery

dude id love to see ur bow shooting 370 becuase i doudt it. Id say maybe 270. if it was shooitng that fast it would be faster then the oman and i no it aint that fast and its on right just to slow
Dont be too quick to judgehim. You probably dont realize that High Country allows and warrantys 3 grains per pound. So... he could shoot an arrow much lighter than you would be acustomed to, and get great speed out of it.

Derek
Old 04-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen speeds in the 360s with the HCA arrows years ago (80 pound bow, roughly 3 grains per pound), so I don't see why 370 would be out of the question. IMO, it's a disaster waiting to happen, but thats a different thread.

I'd say a modern bow like the Monster or 82nd would shoot well into the 370s and higher with those arrows.

And I think you are confusing GPI, with GPP.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot a 5 grain per intch arrow and i doubt it. I have shot the monster with a 5 grain per inch arrow and it still did not shot that fast. So id have to see it to believe it
5 grains per pound is typical of the majority of companies. With HCA its a different story. With that setup, they will warranty 3gpp. Like Jeff, it sounds like a horrible idea to me, but if they say its aight... then go for it

Derek
Old 04-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

the last time i seen a hca shot a arrow that was 3 grains per intch, the bow exploded. U do not shot a arrow that light unless u are dumb and yea if i shot a arrow that light and with my bow and i can get it that fast but that bow would probly explode and be real loud
Old 04-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

the last time i seen a hca shot a arrow that was 3 grains per intch, the bow exploded. U do not shot a arrow that light unless u are dumb and yea if i shot a arrow that light and with my bow and i can get it that fast but that bow would probly explode and be real loud
Your not the greatest listener
Old 04-12-2009, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you want that QAD rest to drop out of the way faster, move the point where the cord is attachedlower onthe "Downward Cable". They are good rests once you get them setup correctly.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

thats what i just did and im goin to see today
Old 04-13-2009, 06:13 PM

They are not claiming 2 grains per inch, they are claiming THREE GRAINS PER POUND, whole different animal. I dont even know if they make a 3 gpi arrow but there might be one out there somewhere.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

I just had a vertical drop away by trophy ridgeput on my bowtech. Although I have only shot a few arrows threw it it appears to be a nice arrow rest. It has a foam arrow guide to help hold it until you draw it and is made with a lot of tefflon to keep it quite.. It appears to be a good rest IMO.. I also have it attached to my slider and not the cables.. It works great for me..

Quick Reply: new drop away

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.